Single...Having/Had Affair with a Married Man....Stuck..What do I do

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 09:17 pm
First off I want to say I know what I am/was doing is wrong as hell..I feel guilty..and really beneath my morals. So here is my story...The man I had/having the affair with I knew from 20 years ago he was trying be in a relationship with me then when he wasn't married but I was in a relationship with someone else. So six months ago I ran into this man we started talking then texting and after 3 months of this we became involved . I was aware that he was married and and wasn't look for a serious relationship neither was I at that time so I thought. We would see each other on the weekend around people we both knew and meet during the week most the time for sex. What bother me the most is that we never went out together anywhere but I knew why. I tried breaking this off a couple times before but it didn't work. When we would meet it would be at motel..I couldn't go to his house so he was not coming to mine. So one day I needed my lawn to be edged and bushes trimmed and he offered to do it...nice jester right...huh...but he thought sex was going to come after and I told him no. As he was finishing my yard picking up the bushes he cut this car coming down my street pass my house..stopped..then back up. Well it was his wife's niece. The first time this man has been to my house and this happens. No sooner then she drove off his phone rings...well it's the wife...not sure what she said but this fool said he was at one of the players house doing their yard. Then after that day he has been trying to come to my house to have sex....don't even mention a room again. When I pursued this I tried to keep in perspective that he's married and not leaving his wife regardless of what he told me. (That he ask for a divorce..and now she's leaving after graduation..they have a son graduating high school) I also gave myself 6 months for this..whatever this was. Because I know by then you really start to develope feeling for someone at least I do. This is May...the six month mark and I told this man that this was getting harder and harder for me and he said I need to keep my feeling in check.. I told him what I needed to do I wasn't doing...not yet anyway..He came back said he was just joking (yeah right) well I hadn't heard from him in about a day in a half . It may not seem like much time but we talked or text everyday. So I decided to text him and tell him about him backing off but it was cool because I gave myself six months with this...whatever this was. That he was a one time only experience for me..well learned( this was my first time being involved with a married man) and that I wish him well. So my question is What is the next step for me....I don't want to back on my words....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 912 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 04:41 am
@2keepitreal,
Block him on all social media, discard anything he ever gave you, and find a way to occupy your time for the next month or so. As in, do volunteer work, spend time with friends, take cooking lessons, whatever.

You're broken up. You need to fill that space with other things right now. Non-him things. And you don't need him reminding you, hence the social media cut-off.

When he comes to your house again, tell him to go scratch.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 04:09 pm
@2keepitreal,
I like your user name. Stick to that.

Quote:
Then after that day he has been trying to come to my house to have sex....
I think, right about here, you realised that the Motel was costing him money. You "had" a boundry set, "not at my house" but he crossed that, at least tried to, to save money. Right about then, I think you realised that it was all about sex, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
So my question is What is the next step for me....I don't want to back on my words....

Next step is to acknowledge the above and in doing so, you will feel grossed out about him and his selfishness.

And, then you won't go back on your words.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:10 am
@2keepitreal,
Please trust me because I had been where yu are now for a year and I am out of it for about 2 weeks now and it feels great!
NEW relationship.
Pronto. If no one around - jump on internet and find somebody to talk to.
Cures instantly! Good Luck!
0 Replies