Denomination

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 08:20 pm
DENOMINATIONS
Heb 4:14
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
Heb 5:4
4 And no man takes this honor to himself, but he who is called by God, just as Aaron was.
Gal 1:11-12
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Gal 2:2
2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.
Gal 2:4
4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage),
Titus 1:10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.
Gal 5:1-2
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
Gal 2:5-9
5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6 But from those who seemed to be something-- whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man-- for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.
1 Cor 7:18-20
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
Matt 16:18
18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Matt 7:24
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock
I Jn 2:18-19
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
1 Cor 11:19
19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.
1 Cor 3:4-7
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
Eph 4:1-6
1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
1 Cor 1:11-18
11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ."
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,
15 lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name.
16 Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.
17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Cor 1:10
10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1 Cor 11:18-19
18 For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.
1 Cor 3:3
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
Rom 16:17-18
17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.
Jude 1:17-19
17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:
18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
1 Cor 3:4-5
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
1 Cor 3:8
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
1 Tim 4:1
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 Cor 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
2 Cor 6:17-18
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
Heb 5:12-14
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Gal 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
(NKJ)
XXX There is no denominations in the new testament. A denomination is a rebellion against the Word of God. A rejection of the truth. There are only two different denominations in the whole bible. If your a believer in the old testament your a Jew. If your a believer in the new testament your a Christian. No other denominations are recognized by God. But if a denomination can last 100 years they probably have a piece of it right. They will never go to hell for the piece they have right. But they will go to hell for the piece they have wrong.

Matt 13:24-30
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
25 "but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
26 "But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
27 "So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28 "He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
29 "But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
30 'Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."'"
(NKJ)

1 Cor 11:16-19
16 But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God.
17 Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse.
18 For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
(NKJ)

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,553 • Replies: 66
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 04:33 am
@Squeakybro,
I would probably say, "NO"...although I realize that an intelligent, reasonable person might think, "YES" would be better.

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 08:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
I thank you for giving an honest answer. Now what was the question?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 08:23 am
@Squeakybro,
Read your text yourself.

There are several question marks.

Usually that indicates questions.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 08:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
I was just wondering which one you were answering.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:51 am
@Squeakybro,
Just having a bit of fun with you, Squeaky. Not meaning anything substantial. But the post was long...and seemed to have no purpose...so I just kidded you.

If you actually have something there you wanted to discuss...I will try to do so respectfully.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 11:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well that seems to be very honest. And I like humor.
But the revelation was to show those who don't know. There is no denominations in the bible outside Christian and Jew. So where did they all come from?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 11:19 am
@Squeakybro,
Where do you think they came from, Squeaky?
neologist

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 01:41 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

Galatians 3: 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
(NKJ)
One cannot understand the meaning of "Abraham's seed without recognizing the Abrahamic Testament. And, where is the Abrahamic Testament found? Aha! Could it be in that place you call the Old Testament?
Oops!
You wrote:
. .. If your (sic) a believer in the old testament your (sic) a Jew. If your a believer in the new testament your (sic) a Christian.
If you do not recognize the Hebrew canon, you cannot be a Christian
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 02:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think they came from people who hit a stumbling block in scripture. So they just started making up stuff for self justification.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 02:30 pm
@neologist,
Your just making that up.
neologist

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 02:37 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Your (sic) just making that up.
Does it seem so to you?
Perhaps your 'spirit' has deceived you.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 04:54 pm
@neologist,
you said
One cannot understand the meaning of "Abraham's seed without recognizing the Abrahamic Testament

I said
That isn't true.
neologist

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 04:57 pm
@Squeakybro,
Then explain the meaning of Abraham's seed.
neologist

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 05:01 pm
@Squeakybro,
Oh, and keep in mind that Abraham is a character from what you call the "Old Testament"
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 05:50 pm
@neologist,

Gal 3:15-20
15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man's covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
(NKJ)

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 06:09 pm
@Squeakybro,
I would say you are correct...in essence.

Personally, I think most of the religion of Abraham...is just stuff that people "made up" when they hit the stumbling block of having a massive, unknown world in which to live.

In any cases, if your religion helps you live a more comfortable life...I am happy for you.

If you discuss that religion here in a forum dominated by atheists...you will undoubtedly catch lots of flak. I see nothing wrong with that...and often participate in dispensing some of the flak.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 06:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well you go right ahead. I find it enjoyable to watch people stumble around trying to prove God wrong.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 02:19 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

Well you go right ahead. I find it enjoyable to watch people stumble around trying to prove God wrong.

I do not try to prove any god wrong, Squeaky.

I have no idea if there are any gods...so it would be silly to do so.

What I do (not try) is to suggest that any thoughts about whether gods exist or not...are mostly just guesses about an unknown.

Many theists and atheists cannot accept that...and the theists pretend they are not guessing there is a GOD...and the atheists pretend they are not guessing there are no gods.

Amusing situation in my opinion.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 03:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
I understand where your coming from. I was there once. I look at it this away. I became a believer because I tried it the other way. And I couldn't find happiness in my life. So I just decided I would try the bible. I stared reading and believing. And I found that something in me opposed what I was doing. So I had a choice either get rid of the bible or get rid of what was opposing what I was reading. That was when I found the devil in me. That I never knew before. I kept reading and verses like these kept popping up in my mind. So then I found the Holy Spirit. And I just started listening to Him.

1 Tim 6:12
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 9:24-26
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.
26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.
(NKJ)