How can I set up a private forum for people to upload videos

Kateqpr

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 01:39 pm
I run a facebook group and we want to set up a 'video making' competition.
I want to be able to create a way of people privately being able to privately upload their short videos but without anyone else seeing it.

What's the best way? Can we create an event on the group page and people send videos to this? Not sure how that would work.
Or is my only option getting people to message me their videos privately?
If so, is it possible to create a 'sub page' that is linked to our group page that we can just use for people to send their entries to?

Hope this makes sense. Any suggestions gratefully recieved!

Kate
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 873 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 05:21 pm
@Kateqpr,
Folks can make private videos on YouTube but you'll need to have them shared with you, as I recall. But that should keep them from being displayed otherwise. Then they can plonk the links into a separate event page.

But maybe I'm not understanding you. Do you want the videos to be only shown to the group or only shown to you (and then you pick a winner, which you presumably release to the group later)?
Kateqpr

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 04:55 am
@jespah,
Thanks for you reply

Yes we just want admin to be able to see he videos until we pick s winner. Ideally on facebook as that's were our users are
jespah

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 06:00 am
@Kateqpr,
There doesn't seem to be any sort of a good way of doing this. But I'm sure there are sites which can do this. HubSpot (they're very reputable; follow them if you want to learn about social media) has a list here -
http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/33352/Everything-You-Need-to-Run-a-Successful-Social-Media-Contest.aspx

Note that that blog post is from 2012 so some of the third-party providers they are listing probably don't exist anymore. The advice to check and make sure you're following Facebook's rules - yeah, that would be a good thing to do, too.

Consider the scalability of this venture, too. Can you do it if 50 people enter? Maybe that's not a problem for you, but do consider the effort involved if the contest blows up and becomes extremely popular.
0 Replies