Fox News Most Trusted

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 10:15 pm
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/a-huge-victory-for-fox-news-awesome/

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 01:00 am
@gungasnake,
This is laughable. In the UK, we count Fox as one of our comedy channels.

Who or what is/are Political Insider?

A branch of Disney, maybe?

Don't tell me.....they lean slightly to the right, yes?
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 01:16 am
@Lordyaswas,
This is how we see Fox News over here in Euroland (across big pond in silver bird), and I'm afraid, this filters right down to how most Europeans view Americans in general.

Believe me, this is seriously how the French view the average journalist or tourist from the USA.
In this video you will see two Fox heroes reporting on the recent Paris attack.....

Unfortunately, Fox promotes the view that the average American is prone to panic and wuss-like behaviour at the drop of a hat.

Don't blame us, blame Fox.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 02:23 am
You can't beat this site for unintentional comedy, and Gunga Dim is the best of the po-faced practitioners.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 03:12 am
Fox News is a joke, it just makes stuff up, only a complete moron would believe anything they hear Fox.

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 05:42 am
FOX NEWS RACIST BABY ALERT CODE RED!

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 06:02 am
In all seriousness, looking through some Fox so called News today to find a classic example, I am absolutely horrified thet this crap is actually presented on American TV as a factual News Channel.

Why do people over there tolerate being fed such outrageous and divisive nonsense? It would be run out of town in any modern European country.

And, so it seems, a fair proportion of the people over there actually rate Fox News as good, and actually believe, or at least fail to question, the absolute bollocks that gets churned out.

Tell me, is it hidden away in your Constitution to hit every third child with the stick of unquestioning gullibility when they are born?

Truly frightening. I'm serious.

Now, a challenge for Europeans about to watch this.

Try watching the whole thing without either laughing or throwing a shoe at the screen, and then thank your lucky stars.

Bet you can't.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 06:09 am
@Lordyaswas,
The only time I enjoyed watching Fox was when Scotland freed Al Megrahi. They were all so angry, and there was **** all they could do about it.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 07:35 am
@gungasnake,
And in a related note.

71% of people trust other news sources more than they trust Fox.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 03:36 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I would simply observe that unquestioning gullibility is a universal human trait. The bullshit that people here, many of them English, post about Americans, is every bit as bad. It's easy to take pot shots at Americans by dredging up Fox News and Dittoheads. But it wasn't hard to find material like this online:

An interesting article at the Huffington Post about poll results on migration within the EU from the UK.

I am not qualified to judge Sky News for reliability, and don't claim to be. This article at the Sky News site claims that British citizens are as racist as they were 30 years ago

"A survey finds people are as racist as they were 30 years ago and that attitudes vary by age and geographical location."

It's one thing to have a laugh at Fox News, which richly deserves it. It's another altogether different matter to suggest that a third of the American population was born mentally deficient.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 03:45 pm
@Setanta,
Maybe a third was too high, in which case I apologize if I caused offence.

I pitched that rough number after seeing this.....

Fox News Channel Most Watched Cable News Net For 13th Straight Year

Is that true?

http://deadline.com/2014/12/cable-news-ratings-fox-news-channel-wins-13th-consecutive-year-1201338131/
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 04:29 pm
By the way, the Fox News numbers are disingenuous. In the 1940s and -50s, you only got radio or television because there was a station within range of your home (we didn't get a television until 1956, because there would have been nothing broadcast in range of our home). In the 1970s and -80s, the "cable wars" brought cable television to many American markets, and in the 1980s and -90s, the satellite boom brought television to many rural areas for which there was not cable coverage. Something Europeans don't understand is how much of the United States is not densely populated. One of the consequences of competition with cable and satellite competition was that small, independently owned radio and television stations went out of business.

But there were those who were able to exploit this. In the early 1970s, Clear Channel (now renamed iHeartMedia) began taking out licenses for radio stations in thinly populated rural areas. In the 1990s, Fox Television began doing this with television station licenses. The FCC requires that to operate in the public interest, these stations must broadcast 15 minutes of news every four hours, or an equivalent total. For those too lazy to do the math, that's an hour and half a day. Fox is, of course, happy to broadcast an hour and a half of "news" every day. Because Fox can do economies of scale, they were now able to charge whatever the market would bear for television advertising (Clear Channel had been doing that on radio for 20 years). The 29% figure for Fox News is misleading because in many parts of the country, it's the only game in town.

According to Information Please (online), the population density of the United Kingdom is 96 person per square mile. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the population density of the United States is 88 per square mile. Even that is misleading. The population density of the state of Wyoming is six persons per square mile (all figures here have been rounded up). In Montana, it's seven, in North Dakota, it's ten. In South Dakota, it's eleven, and in New Mexico it's 17.

It's easy to be "the most trusted" when you're the only game in town.
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 04:31 pm
@Lordyaswas,
See my reply above. Those who tout Fox Television are playing fast and loose with the numbers.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 04:35 pm
All replies are from ****heads on my ignore list.....
Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 04:40 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
All replies are from ****heads on my ignore list.....

Oh man, this guy is hilarious. You can't make up **** like this.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 12:59 am
@Setanta,
I have now written a long reply to this on two separate occasions in the last half hour, and each time I've pressed send I'm told "You are now offline" and the bloody reply box is blank when I've jiggled my wotsit around to see if I can get the wifi up and running again.

<insert manic scream here>

In a nutshell......

Interesting.

I should have been canny enough to realise that the figures were probably fictitious when I shot my gob off.

My bad, as they say nowadays.

PS.....It's nice to know that the right honorable Gungadim is ignoring us so effectively.

I will now copy this post just in case I lose wifi again.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 01:05 am
At last!

I don't know if anyone else has a samsung galaxy tablet, but mine seems to bugger me about first thing in the morning, and I'm beginning to suspect that it may be because of all the automated updates that take place when I switch on. This update involved, among others, something called "ChatOn" whatever the hell that is.

Luddite at heart, me.

0 Replies