Long distance dtr.... Not sure when to talk?

Reply Mon 11 May, 2015 10:09 pm
So I just finished my first year at college and am back in my home state. However, the last two weeks of school I began spending a lot of time with someone who I wasn't sure about at the time. I am a naturally cautious person and didn't want to DTR with someone I was still getting to know, and I felt that a couple of weeks hanging out wasn't a great foundation for a whole summer apart. Two weeks have passed since I left and we are still texting everyday and frequently talking on the phone. We would have skyped as well but his laptop was stolen during the school year and he doesn't have a smartphone. We are very much so interested in each other and we both know it. In fact, he is not dating other girls and makes it a point to bring up the places he'll show me and the things we'll do when I get back to school (he lives near the university). I know it's important to talk about both of our goals in the relationship, but I prefer to have it in person rather than over technology. The next time we'll see each other is in four months, so my question is should I wait til then or is that too far away? If it's too far away, is it wrong to have that discussion over the phone (remember, no Skype... also, we're poor college tickets so no plane ticket to see each other). He is genuine, sweet, and makes an effort to keep in touch... I like him a lot. I'm not sure what to do and am open to any suggestions(: Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,396 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 05:43 am
@hr336783,
Paper. Pens. Stamps.

Write letters. And don't define anything until you're together again (I agree with you - I'm not a fan of defining much of anything until parties are face to face and there is less wiggle room for misinterpretation).

Letters don't have to be long. It can be cards or postcards with just - saw this and thought of you. And then you sign your name (not affectionately, or fondly, or love, etc.).

Letters are wholly unexpected these days. They are sweet, romantic even when not a lot is said, and they have a permanence to them that texts don't have. Be prepared for guys to write very little and not that frequently. But there's no reason you shouldn't write. And don't take a lack of answers as a lack of interest. You might write a letter and get a text back - and that's fine.

But try it. It's cheap and it can convey a lot or a little.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Long distance dtr.... Not sure when to talk?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 09:48:52