Is it all One Person?

why

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:16 pm
My friend was saying he logs into this site with more than one name. That got me to thinking:

Here's a philosophy question for those of you who tend more toward the philosophy/logic end of the spectrum:
How can we know if all the posts on here are not actually made by only maybe 4 or 5 people? Or even 2 or 3... Can you prove that there are more than 2 o r3 people posting on here? 2 or 3 people debating various angles of everything...even arguing with themself...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 962 • Replies: 11
No top replies

agrote

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:22 pm
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:33 pm
you're on to us...when I'm talking from my mouth I'm bi-polar bear...when I'm talking from my ass I'm McGentrix...I knew someone would catch on eventually....
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 05:35 pm
I am not sure you coulf logic into a proof for this. I do not think you could figure out if it was just 4 or 5 a priori... I think this is firmly a a posteriori thing.

You would just have to IP track everyone.

TF
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:17 pm
Nah.....One of me is quite enough for this forum! Laughing
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:44 pm
BP, hahaha! Smile
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:18 am
We can't be certain, unless, as mentioned earlier we track people through their ips.
0 Replies

nn

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 01:20 pm
seriously who cares, i'm looking for brain stimulation i don't care about if one persons arguing with themselves, look up the word philosophy, i doubt it includes frivulous questions like these.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 02:43 pm
Come on then nn, let's see your thread. What questions have you got?
0 Replies

gordy

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 02:51 pm
I've enough problems arguing with the voices in my head,never mind arguing with myself on here
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:28 pm
As some A2Kers might predict, I do not consider this a frivolous issue, at least not in its philosophical implications. On a very fundamental level we are ONE. In a sense we are a plurality of individuals talking across a gap of space to each other, not even knowing if our messages are completely understood. In another sense, at the level of Reality, this pluralism is really an expression of our unity. The mere fact that we are inter-acting reflects our unity. If we were metaphysically distinct, say like the separatness of the separate universes in M or String Theory, we would not be able to do what we are doing now. But the space that "separates" us really "joins" us, and our differences of appearance and experience right now, are REALLY reflections of our "sameness." I know this is nonsense to most of us here, but so what?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 03:32 pm
As some A2Kers might predict, I do not consider this a frivolous issue, at least not in its philosophical implications. On a very fundamental level we are ONE. In a sense we are a plurality of individuals talking across a gap of space to each other, not even knowing if our messages are completely understood. In another sense, at the level of Reality, this pluralism is really an expression of our unity. The mere fact that we are inter-acting reflects our unity. If we were metaphysically distinct, say like the separatness of the separate universes in M or String Theory, we would not be able to do what we are doing now. But the space that "separates" us really "joins" us, and our differences of appearance and experience right now, are REALLY reflections of our "sameness." I know this is nonsense to most of us here, but so what?
0 Replies