Is there a such thing as soul mates?

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 10:39 pm
Can two people be able to love one another each so deeply, that they can live with each other and be happy for the rest of their lives? Or is it just some phenomenon we believe that we got from watching shows and movies? It just seems like it isn't true because of the high rates of divorces and unhappy relationships in the world. What is your opinion/belief?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,384 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 11:46 pm
@halfcourt86,
My parents are heading for their 60th anniversary and they've always seemed happy. I think a lot more than just 'love' has played a part though.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 11:59 pm
@halfcourt86,
Quote:
It just seems like it isn't true because of the high rates of divorces and unhappy relationships in the world.

other causes:

Lack of commitment
lack of education on how to manage a relationship
Lack of putting in the day to day work
Getting encouraged by friends and family to bail on the marriage
Being afraid of needing a person emotionally or economically
Not ever having done the work to know yourself, there for you cant really know someone else
and so on.

My belief is that the Barney version of soul mates is nauseating. But two people who choose to lock their lives together and all through life both refusing to unlock and walk out.....ya, I believe in that. It is not magic, it is shear will and hard work.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 10:45 am
Can two people be able to love one another each so deeply, that they can live with each other and be happy for the rest of their lives?

Yes, but this society and culture make it difficult to do so.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 10:59 am

0 Replies

triloknath tripathi

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 05:25 am
We "use" people for egoistic, emotional and sexual gratification and think we are in Love. Height of fooling ourselves & others?
0 Replies