Mayweather/Pacquiao was a Disaster...Is that the Final Nail for Boxing?

Sun 3 May, 2015 12:03 pm
The sport has been no where for about 20 years, a shadow of what it was in the 70's, are we done? And if so why?

I think yes, because we are uncomfortable with the violence, those who still want the violence get their needs met better with ultimate fighting, and because boxing has become too expensive relative to its value.

This is an old debate, but I think that such a big disappointment as this fight changes the lay of the land.

What say you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,926 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

vitamins

Tue 5 May, 2015 06:48 am
@hawkeye10,
I wasn't to enthused with it, Mayweather was boring as hell, I much preferred Paquiao's style, way too many hugs from Mayweather.

Boxing is pretty damned boring these days Sad
hawkeye10

Tue 5 May, 2015 10:57 am
@vitamins,
It just keeps getting worse....not only did Pacquiao fight hurt, but he was so hurt that now he is having surgery. If I had paid $100 to watch this on pay/for/view I would be demanding my money back right now.

What this looks like is a lot of people protecting their payday, not giving a damn about honesty or the product. Or the sport.
Miller

Sat 9 May, 2015 04:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

What this looks like is a lot of people protecting their payday, not giving a damn about honesty or the product. Or the sport.

The same is being said about Tom Brady and professional football. Needless to say, one shouldn't forget Arnon H. who is now sitting in jail.
hawkeye10

Sat 9 May, 2015 04:15 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
The same is being said about Tom Brady and professional football.

they way I understand it adjusting the balls to the QB's liking, regardless of NFL rules, has been common for a very long time. And it does not degrade to spectator (bill payer) experience, so it is not at all the same thing.
Miller

Sat 9 May, 2015 04:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
The same is being said about Tom Brady and professional football.

they way I understand it adjusting the balls to the QB's liking, regardless of NFL rules, has been common for a very long time. And it does not degrade to spectator (bill payer) experience, so it is not at all the same thing.

When it comes the betting industry ( legal/illegal) it matters. Think of all the games the Pats won and how many folks lost money because Brady and McNally joined forces to squeeze air from the balls.

No difference between this and the steroid scandal in baseball. Greats like Ernie Banks never used steroids or any other drugs. They earned their reputation/respect from hard, hard work and tons of talent.

Brady thought he'd never be caught. Good thing his wife makes the big bucks.

0 Replies

jamzmaxwell

Wed 3 Feb, 2016 06:43 am
The most boring match ever
0 Replies