Keep a $900 Computer I Didn't Buy?

Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 08:27 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Dozens of times you've been replying to inactive threads. Your advice is falling on deaf ears as the OP is no longer on the site. I've no idea why you don't bother to look at date stamps and insist on replying to people who aren't there. do you hear voices?
HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:02 am
@Ragman,
That they're still on page 1 suggests people in similar circumstances look at the question for their own uses. Often replies will be just as useful for a similar instance as the original.

Guess you're not smart enough to consider that huh?
Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:16 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Quote:
Often replies will be just as useful for a similar instance as the original.

You're clearly delusional if you think this advice you offer is at all helpful to anyone else. If you want to continue flooding this forum site with useless advice to inactive users on inactive threads, feel free. All you will do is make yourself look like a whack-job. If that is how you want to conduct yourself, feel free. You don't seem to understand how the site works.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:33 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
HesDeltanCaptain wrote:

That they're still on page 1 suggests people in similar circumstances look at the question for their own uses. Often replies will be just as useful for a similar instance as the original.

Guess you're not smart enough to consider that huh?

But your posts on these old (many times years old) threads don't ever add new information or things to consider to the discussion.

It would be different (and smart) if you saw and read through and ENTIRE old thread, to, when you post, acknowledge this is an old thread but that you have some information that might be of addtional use.

No, instead you just search though sometimes years old threads, not just ones that are one page, and apparantly without reading through everything, just make some random observation that brings nothing new to the table.

People don't pay attention to you, or include you in conversations (albeit I am here), because you only either bump old threads that are of little interest, or actively rebuff people (like saying "I wasn't talking to you" because you someone thing clicking "reply" rather than "reply all" insulates you.

I suspect strongly your some attention seeking troll, but for the last time I'm pointing out that if you really do want to partake in a thread, at least use some common sense.

I'm done with you.
engineer

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 12:46 pm
@chai2,
Perhaps overly harsh, but there is a point here. I welcome your additions to the board, but when you dredge up old articles, you effectively spam the board, clustering up new, active threads with detritus. It looks like you are enjoying browsing the board, and that's great. Just consider keeping the responses to active threads unless you really have something unique you feel you need to add.
Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 01:10 pm
@engineer,
I'm sure you meant to Reply All or HDC , (not directing this to Chai).
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 01:10 pm
@engineer,
Are you saying this to me?

I'm not the one reopening old treads.

Confused
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 01:41 pm
I don't always mind some opening of old threads, especially if the new reader is bright and has useful info to add, as engineer commented, but not many dozens or hundreds in a pestiferous fashion, a kind of dopey spamming at large.

This all brings up my Grrrrr! reflex, which I try to tamp down most of the time.
Now there's a phrase: Grrrrrd reflux..
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 03:37 pm
@chai2,
No, not to you. Sorry.
Linkat

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:41 pm
@engineer,
I am still waiting for a comment on my bonsai kitten thread ... I am trying to won most often replied to old thead yet... believe it or not this is or was most highly viewed and replied to item yet.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:46 pm
@Linkat,
Oh, my, I may have to check it out again..
Linkat

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 10:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes I think this is my biggest accomplishment on a2k...sad but true.

I am very proud to add it must be in the top ten most viewed
Posts.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 08:41 am
Oh sure...no good deed goes unpunished. I was making a comment to help clarify Engineer miscue. Down-thumbing me was just dumb.
0 Replies