Excused absence from school..marathon run?

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 11:39 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

And in regard to the missing school for the marathon - here is the dad's reponse...

Rossi responded to the note in a letter addressed to 'Madam Principal.'

"At the marathon, they watched blind runners, runners with prosthetic limbs and debilitating diseases and people running to raise money for great causes run in the most prestigious and historic marathon in the world. This is taking victim worship about 4 steps too far

"They also paid tribute to the victims of a senseless act of terrorism and learned that no matter what evil may occur, terrorists cannot deter the American spirit. Maybe the community can manage to get their boosterism act together without sacrificing the kids education. How bout we give it a try?

"These are things they won't ever truly learn in the classroom." I have yet to hear of anything educational in the request

Now I do not think children should be pulled out of school every week or month or even often for things like this --- but a couple of days a year? My child has not been absent once even for being sick. Then lets give them an award at the end of the year. That has nothing to do with this

If schools start having this zero tolerance, parents will just resort to saying a fib and claiming their child is sick. Right, never tell agents of the state the truth, because more often than not they are itching for an excuse to **** with your life. At least something has been accomplished here.
0 Replies