izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 09:58 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
I understand. I don't speak for all blacks (I missed the meeting when they elected a spokesperson Smile

According to South Park it's Jesse Jackson.

Could be worse, the white people got Sarah Palin.
revelette2

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 01:27 pm
Trump has unfortunately has taken some of Bernie's momentum away. Sad that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 01:57 pm
This Trump thing is a mystery to me.

I've listened to him speak on several occasions...

...and every time I have come away with the impression that he does not express himself nearly as clearly or as intelligently as George Dubya Bush.

I truly mean that...I'm not just being a wise-ass about it.

And at times (often, in fact) Dubya was almost incoherent to me.
oralloy

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 02:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
This Trump thing is a mystery to me.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/31/the-fearful-and-the-frustrated

Quote:
When the Trump storm broke this summer, it touched off smaller tempests that stirred up American politics in ways that were easy to miss from afar. At the time, I happened to be reporting on extremist white-rights groups, and observed at first hand their reactions to his candidacy. Trump was advancing a dire portrait of immigration that partly overlapped with their own. On June 28th, twelve days after Trump's announcement, the Daily Stormer, America's most popular neo-Nazi news site, endorsed him for President: "Trump is willing to say what most Americans think: it's time to deport these people." The Daily Stormer urged white men to "vote for the first time in our lives for the one man who actually represents our interests."

Ever since the Tea Party's peak, in 2010, and its fade, citizens on the American far right--Patriot militias, border vigilantes, white supremacists--have searched for a standard-bearer, and now they'd found him. In the past, "white nationalists," as they call themselves, had described Trump as a "Jew-lover," but the new tone of his campaign was a revelation. Richard Spencer is a self-described "identitarian" who lives in Whitefish, Montana, and promotes "white racial consciousness." At thirty-six, Spencer is trim and preppy, with degrees from the University of Virginia and the University of Chicago. He is the president and director of the National Policy Institute, a think tank, co-founded by William Regnery, a member of the conservative publishing family, that is "dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of European people in the United States and around the world." The Southern Poverty Law Center calls Spencer "a suit-and-tie version of the white supremacists of old." Spencer told me that he had expected the Presidential campaign to be an "amusing freak show," but that Trump was "refreshing." He went on, "Trump, on a gut level, kind of senses that this is about demographics, ultimately. We're moving into a new America." He said, "I don't think Trump is a white nationalist," but he did believe that Trump reflected "an unconscious vision that white people have--that their grandchildren might be a hated minority in their own country. I think that scares us. They probably aren't able to articulate it. I think it's there. I think that, to a great degree, explains the Trump phenomenon. I think he is the one person who can tap into it."

Jared Taylor, the editor of American Renaissance, a white-nationalist magazine and Web site based in Oakton, Virginia, told me, in regard to Trump, "I'm sure he would repudiate any association with people like me, but his support comes from people who are more like me than he might like to admit."
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 04:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
How clear, informative and coherent do you find Hillary's very contrived and often misleading stastements?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 06:40 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

How clear, informative and coherent do you find Hillary's very contrived and often misleading stastements?

Very clear...very informative...and extremely coherent.

Thank you for asking.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Trump has the ability to talk down to the white conservatives who are frightened to death they are going to be replaced by some black guys. And he speaks stupid in three languages.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:03 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Trump has the ability to talk to the masses who have been continually lied to and ignored by the elite.

Fixed
maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:42 pm
@snood,
Snood, I have to admit that I hate your post. It is well written and it makes perfect sense. You make a very convincing argument about why people of color (and progressives in general) would do best to support Hillary, but it is still awful.

The Clintons, both Hillary and Bill, clawed their way up to power for decades. They are slick. They are manipulative. They bend the rules. The suck up to people in power. They change their views to suit their political needs. Hillary has built up her lead through peddling influence and a slick marketing campaign.

Hillary represents the worst of our democracy, where integrity and core values are upstaged by political messaging and backroom deals. Hillary has changed with the political wind on many important issues from Gay Marriage, to War to Criminal Justice. And, Hillary has used her connections and manipulated the system to block out better candidates from even attempting to run.

To make a popular reference... Hillary is Cersei Lannister to Bernies Ned Stark (and yes, I get the irony in this).

You are probably correct, Snood... but I don't like it one bit.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 09:00 pm
@maxdancona,
Ditto, including that snood is convincing.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 11:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Dont fix my statements. I said what I intended to say. I dont need someone dumb as a rock fixing me.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 11:38 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Ditto, including that snood is convincing.

If you take the position that the thing to do is more of what we have been doing for 50 years (and which the blacks claim has not worked) which is pandering to the black victim story. Another approach would be to work on Americas class problem and to fix American institutions for the good of everyone. I happen to think that this is the only thing that will work long term, those who think of themselves as victims will usually continue to see themselves as victims no matter how the reality around them changes because the reality with-in them never changes. For most Americans doing as Snood suggests would be throwing good money and energy after bad.

Hillary of course can be counted on to pander to the Black Victim story, Sanders is highly unlikely to do it. The question for Hillary is what happens with all the whites who are fed up to their necks with blacks using the black victim story both as an excuse for not producing and in their demands for more handouts? She is already doing more poorly with whites than expected, throwing in with BLM is likely to cause even more erosion of her white votes.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 11:42 pm
@RABEL222,
I consider myself a free man, I had a point to make, and I made it.

Sue me.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 12:09 am
Quote:
But the views on how police deal with minorities stands in particularly sharp relief: In a survey shortly after the Ferguson shooting, 80% of blacks said the incident raised important issues about race, compared with 37% of whites.

That finding was consistent with a survey conducted a week later in which blacks expressed far less confidence than whites in local police to treat both races equally. About seven-in-ten whites (71%) expressed a great deal or fair amount of confidence in local police to treat blacks and whites equally, compared with just 36% of blacks. Those differences were long-standing: The gaps were similarly wide when the question was asked in 2009 and 2007

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/28/blacks-whites-police/

There are 2 main issues here

1) BLM has been a dud, it has barely moved the needle and now getting even more transgressive to make their point out of frustration is most likely to be counter productive rather than productive

2) Hillary will play up the black victim story, but that is going to be mostly singing to the choir who were always going to vote for her (and were not going to stay home), and it may well alienate moderate whites that she absolutely needs to get if she is going to beat the R's. Biden being the D pick would change nothing, he too can be counted on to go back to the well of selling the black victim story.

Blacks are pissed that whites are not groveling to their demands to be treated as victims, but being pissed does not change hearts or minds. And the D's going along will be a dangerous path for them re this election.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 02:22 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I consider myself a free man, I had a point to make, and I made it.

Most people consider you a ******* idiot who needed to demonstrate his idiocy, and you've done that in spades.

Now it's fixed.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 02:32 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Blacks are pissed that whites are not groveling to their demands to be treated as victims, but being pissed does not change hearts or minds. And the D's going along will be a dangerous path for them re this election.

And you are trying to help them stop from harming themselves!!!

Right!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 08:41 am
@izzythepush,
I've met Jesse Jackson one on one in a kitchen at the Rainbow Coalition house in Chicago at a cater I was doing, and I have to say he was a very decent man. I liked him before we talked and I liked him even more afterwards.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 08:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
He sounds like my New Jersey born father in law. They say the same kind of off the wall ****. My f-in-law entertains me. tRump not so much.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 08:43 am
@georgeob1,
Ask me. "Not very."
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 08:45 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
And he speaks stupid in three languages.

Fluently. But then he was born to it.
0 Replies