The Designated Hitter Rule Debate: Redux

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 01:55 pm
Max Scherzer: No one wants to see pitchers bat
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12769662/max-scherzer-injured-batting-advocates-designated-hitter-rule-national-league

So? Should the National League finally euthanize the antidesignated hitter stance and allow for designated hitters to hit for pitchers? What sayeth you??

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:39 pm
@tsarstepan,

would love to see the DH in the NL.

never been fond of watching pitchers hit -- few of 'em actually take pride in it...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:45 pm
Yeah it's about time that happen. Not only is seeing a pitcher hit not entertaining (they typically hit .090) but they can and do get injured. Luckily Scherzer will only lose 1 turn...a few days.

Here's a thought...the owners can profit and so do the hitters. The DH has extended a hitters lifetime on a MLB roster by about 2 or 3 yrs. Once they're not much good in the field, they can still hit just fine. Furthermore, they generally hit for a decent avg mostly..along with maintaining some decent power numbers. Where's the harm? C'mon NL...get with it!

[Edit: ahh, I see that Wainwright is out for the rest of season. Big bummer...for Cards..a major contender. Of course he could also have pulled his Achilles tendon pitching, too. I tore mine playing basketball. ]
0 Replies