IMDb Poll Research: SIBLING RIVALRY?

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 01:32 pm
Ones an actor and the other is not. Which of the following cases where one sibling invades his or her sibling's arena of expertise do you find the most intriguing?

What I have now:
1. Oliver Plat played a food critic in Chef (2014). His brother, Adam Platt is currently the food critic for New York Magazine.
2. Ashley Judd, the Golden Globe nominated actress and her older sister, Wynonna Judd, the famous country singer who tried for a very brief stint at television acting.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls072017339

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 01:34 pm
Numero uno for sure. You want I should post at imdb?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 01:57 pm
@ossobuco,
You don't have to. I'm basically looking for more options. Clearly number one is the inspirational impetus for the poll. I love Adam Platt from New York Magazine and this is the only way I can get him into a poll to show that. Plus his brother's take on a food critic in the charming Chef (2014) is quite brilliant.

If you want to go to IMDb and well... add to the discussion there, I won't stop you. Mr. Green
ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 02:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
OK! I read him for the first time maybe a week (or 2 or 3) ago. I love him too now.

So you need more sibling rivalries (or with at least potential to rivalry)?

That's a good idea. Back sometime later.

on imdb, I'm actually there but don't nose around often. Will attend.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 02:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Immediately I think of Catherine Deneuve and her sister, Francoise Dorleac, but inappropriate re the subject if I remember.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 02:11 pm
@ossobuco,
Then there's whatsisname, of J'taime fame, Sergi and his lover, Jane Birkin, and his daughter. Not siblings though, so that is for another poll of some sort.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 04:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm thinking of the most infamous and vicious sib-rivalry with Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine. "She and Olivia de Havilland are the first sisters to win Oscars and the first ones to be Oscar-nominated in the same year."

Their bitter rivalry from childhood throughout their adulthood, is documented here:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/joan-fontaine-olivia-de-havilland-666087
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:00 pm
Lord Richard Attenborough played John Hammond in Jurassic Park, the billionaire developer who screwed around with animal genetics.

His brother, Sir David, is a famous naturalist.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:35 pm
Disclaimer: this site helped a bit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sibling_pairs

Next up:

Edwin Booth is regarded by some as the greatest American actor of the 19th Century. However, he is a mere footnote compared to his brother, John Wilkes Booth, who is most famous for his extreme-realist portrayal of an assassin at Ford's Theatre in 1865.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 08:20 am
@tsarstepan,
Drive-by posting, so feel free to discuss:

Baldwin brothers (Alec, Daniel, Billy, Stephen)
Bridges brothers (Jeff, Beau) * personal fave...and they are still close
Quaid brothers (Dennis and Randy)
Keach brothers (James and Stacy)
Carradine brothers (David, Keith and Robert)
Guest brothers (Christopher, Nicholas)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » IMDb Poll Research: SIBLING RIVALRY?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.65 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:58:33