Married with a child, but still inlove with my ex?

vayda0

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 09:14 am
I dated my ex boyfriend for 8 years. we have spoken off and on since we broke up, remaining friends. At one point, he wanted to be with me again and I couldn't, because I was so afraid of him breaking up with me again.
Fast forward and I marry someone and have a baby. I can't stop thinking about my ex. We have spoken a few times since I've been married (as friends) but I cut off contact completely a year ago because I felt it wasn't fair to my husband (he knew we were talking and didn't like it)
I haven't been able to stop thinking if I made a mistake or not. the problem is, my husband treats me very badly and its only getting worse. I've tried everything to fix the relationship and it hasn't worked, so I find myself desperately wondering what if. I feel like this feeds my thoughts about my ex, so it's more difficult.
I have to stay married to my husband for certain reasons. I do love him, but I know I shouldn't be with him especially because of the way he treats me and our child. I will probably leave one day, but I can't right now.
My husband and i are moving to a different country in a month.
I have been thinking of contacting my ex for a long time now, especially since I probably won't ever see him again. I just want to say goodbye at least and thank him for every thing.
I just don't know if he even wants to talk to me. I have no idea what to do.
should I call up my ex and say goodbye? I already regret a lot and I don't want to regret not saying goodbye, but like I said, he might not even care.

jespah

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 09:17 am
@vayda0,
vayda0 wrote:

...the problem is, my husband treats me very badly and its only getting worse. I've tried everything to fix the relationship and it hasn't worked...

I have to stay married to my husband for certain reasons. I do love him, but I know I shouldn't be with him especially because of the way he treats me and our child. I will probably leave one day, but I can't right now.
My husband and i are moving to a different country in a month....

Forget the ex. Get to a safe place and leave your husband. Take your child (of course).

This is not going to get any better and once you leave the country, you'll be even more isolated.

Your child deserves a better life, and so do you.

If you are in a country without women's shelters, go to your family, or a friend, or a house of worship or even a hospital.

You don't have to take it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 02:22 pm
You are in the middle of a storm (bad marriage, abusive husband) and you look for a safe place to hide. You THINK it's with this love from the past. Yet he has made NO attempt to save you from what you are going thru.

The last thing you need for you to do is to drag another man into this trouble with your husband. That's not fair to your ex, either.

Deal with this awful marriage FIRST. Then, and only then, will you be free to seek comfort from another man.

What POSSIBLE reasons do you feel you MUST stay married to this man? Cultural, family status, money, religious?
0 Replies