When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

hawkeye10

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:37 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
No way for any Democratic candidate to "shut off the water" in the 2016 election cycle.

Hillary's only plan so far has been to go back to the well of selling victim culture. I really think that game is played out. THe fact that BLM has done so poorly I think is the proof. We dont want to hear yet more complaints from alleged victims, we want to hear from people who have ideas for making America a better place., we want people who will give us a reason to have hope, we dont want to hear yet another long list of all the ways that we allegedly suck.

THis is the time for another Reagan (though his ideas were mostly bad ideas), which is why I think this election is for the R's to lose. The problem is they have such a weak bunch of candidates other than Trump, and he is not even an R in reality.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:38 pm
@oralloy,
To quote Ray Charles:

We'll see!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS05yWcffNT1_LytvOlrsc4-7vIX-vxpUJjqOgQHY1hCTB3fZxplw
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:47 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
But I think that if you vet the other democratic candidates you will also find policies with which you disagree. I havent agreed with all the policies of a president since Kennedy. And none of the republican policies since Eisenhower. Perhaps you would like another Ronny Raygun who is already in the early stages of alzheimer's. If so vote Trump.
RABEL222

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:58 pm
@revelette2,
Maybe Lashes masters the Koch brothers have paid Murdoch to downplay Clinton whenever they can. Maybe get her out before the elections. You know, conservative politics.
0 Replies

korkamann

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 03:40 pm
There is no doubt Hillary seems to be running into some turbulence, and it might get worse before it gets better; however, post some polls where Joe Biden is outpacing Hillary Clinton consistently, poll after poll after poll, and I'll show you a pattern of a winner. The Biden poll at this time is an outlier. I do not believe Biden* will surpass Hillary continuously. The national polls have Hillary still outperforming her opponents, both Dems and GOP. Bernie has surpassed her in some polls, but the true election is not underway yet.....when mainstream America began to really pay attention and post their vote for someone they believe has a real opportunity to win, it will be for Clinton. This brouhaha over her mail server, this manufactured crisis, is produced by the Republicans who are past masters in dishing out propaganda lies. They are going after Hillary with a sledgehammer, but I for one will not be taken in by the GOP perversion of the truth.
_______
*Many influential Dems do not want Biden to enter this race because if he loses then the Republicans will take over the White House. They have been diplomatically consulting Biden because the VP has tried to run for the presidency twice before and never really made an impression on the American people....why should now be any different? Because he served as VP? I don't think so, but then again if I'm wrong it will not be the first time.`

Also, the public is empathetic towards Biden because of the recent loss of his son; who know how many said they were for Biden out of compassion for him and his family?
roger

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 03:55 pm
@korkamann,

korkamann wrote:

*Many influential Dems do not want Biden to enter this race because if he loses then the Republicans will take over the White House.

What you mean is, he's doing incredibly well in spite of not being a candidate?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 05:52 pm
@RABEL222,
Trump?!? Not on a dare. Bernie is the one politician who speaks for me except on one position: Israel and Palestine. But it isn't a wedge for me.

Look: if Clinton gets he nod I'll be vigorously supporting her.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 06:16 pm
Footage of the cops hustling out Black Lives Matter and GetEQUAL Hillary protest
On their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/getequal

What the organizations demand from Hillary:

http://www.getequal.org/press-releases/blm-and-getequal-call-on-clinton-to-stand-with-black-trans-women

“Hillary: Divest from Private Prisons, Invest in Black Trans Women.” The action was part of a series of demonstrations happening this week across the country celebrating black transgender women and demanding accountability for the violence that Black transgender women face on a daily basis.

“Bankrolled by private prison companies and lobbyists like Corrections Corporation of America and the GEO Group, Hillary Clinton is part of the system of violence that criminalizes and kills Black trans people -- how can we take her policy suggestions to curb mass incarceration and detention seriously while she’s accepting this money?” asked Angela Peoples, co-director of grassroots LGBTQ network GetEQUAL and a disruptor of the event.

Peoples continued, “These companies and their lobbyists profit from the incarceration and abuse of Black people, especially Black trans women -- an overwhelming 41% of Black trans women report having been arrested at some point in their lives, often after having been profiled by the police.”

“Hillary Clinton must stand with Black people, especially Black trans women, by refusing to accept funds from or bundled by executives of or lobbyists for private prison companies -- and investing the money she’s already accepted from those companies in the work toward Black trans liberation,” said Rian Brown, GetEQUAL state lead and local Cleveland organizer taking part in the disruption. “Until that happens, we cannot for a moment think that Hillary believes Black Lives Matter.”

http://www.getequal.org/press-releases/blm-and-getequal-call-on-clinton-to-stand-with-black-trans-women
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 07:37 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:
This brouhaha over her mail server, this manufactured crisis, is produced by the Republicans who are past masters in dishing out propaganda lies.

Of the many reasons for voting for Republicans, one of the best is that Democrats feel that they are above the law.

korkamann wrote:
*Many influential Dems do not want Biden to enter this race because if he loses then the Republicans will take over the White House. They have been diplomatically consulting Biden because the VP has tried to run for the presidency twice before and never really made an impression on the American people....why should now be any different? Because he served as VP?

Won't matter. After the 2013 gun control debacle, the Republicans are going to win in 2016 no matter what.

Democrats may as well tune out until 2024, because it's going to be awhile before they matter again.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 09:47 pm
The volatility of public perceptions appears to be continuing across the political spectrum. As a minimun the previous acceptance of the inevitability of Hillary's election, or even nomination as the Democrsat candidate, has disappeared, probably forever. On both sides of the political divide, the continuing ascendency of candidates only recently considered as either unelectable or at least on the fringes of aceptability defies accepted conventional political wisdom. Who, a year ago would have taken seriously the notion that Joe Biden would poll better than the previously inevitable Clinton ? Or that an outlier like Trump would lead the established Republican candidates?? That all of this is not only sustained, but apparenty still growing tells us that new political forces and alignments are likely at work in the country and that their future effects are, at best, very hard for any of us to forecast reliably.

I suspect that all of this is based on a growing sense of unease in the country and dissatisfaction with current political leadership across the board. Where will it lead us?
hawkeye10

Thu 27 Aug, 2015 10:34 pm
@georgeob1,
Saw a couple of R elites put themselves on the line that Trump can not possibly ever get about 40% of the R's. Of course the elite currently have a record of being 100% wrong about Trump.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:46 am
Does anyone think that this Huma Abedin issue is going to be thing? Either having so many jobs at the same time, or her leave when the dick pic generator was in trouble, or for billing the government for foundation expenses?

IDK, but I figure there is something there, and that Team Hillary did not hide everything well enough.

What say you? There have got to be at least a dozen journalists digging, this is too good a story to pass up. If hillery's people defrauded the government the already weakened Hillary will go down.
Lash

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 03:48 am
@georgeob1,
I agree. There is a sea change afoot in US politics. Trump has tapped into a hatred of political correctness with some - and outright hatred in others. Bernie has a bead on people who are done with corruption in government along with progressives who are done with Republican Light DINOs. It's just crazy that this phenomena has happened all at once. Congress has always been unpopular...maybe we never had two candidates that were not beholden to corporate donors and are free to say what they please...?

I wonder if any of this is backlash against a black president.

Anyway, interesting times.

0 Replies

Lash

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 03:50 am
@hawkeye10,
I think they'll find out that Abedin was paid incorrectly - and i think this is another thing Hillary will get a wrist slap for, but I think she's already received the mortal blow and she's slowly bleeding out.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 04:01 am
@revelette2,
Info about Clinton's expedient evolution. Her husband came up with the travesty of Defense of Marriage Act which she supported.

http://gawker.com/remember-when-hillary-clinton-was-against-gay-marriage-1714147439
hawkeye10

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 04:38 am
@Lash,
And her husband was intimately involved with throwing blacks out of welfare programs to putting them behind bars....that might be a problem for her. Remember at the time many D's were with Clinton on the idea that what the underclass needed to see and feel was a bigger stick.

About a week ago Bill apologized for the throwing blacks in prison push, but still.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 08:59 am
@oralloy,
Hey oralloy. I will be happy to make a bet with you. What kind of odds are you willing to give me since you are so sure the GOP candidate will win. Can I get 10 to 1 odds? I'll be happy to put up $10,000 at that price.
oralloy

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 09:25 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Hey oralloy. I will be happy to make a bet with you. What kind of odds are you willing to give me since you are so sure the GOP candidate will win. Can I get 10 to 1 odds? I'll be happy to put up $10,000 at that price.

You should know by now that I never bet money. I find the concept of "one party taking the other's money simply because they turned out to be right" to be mean-spirited.

But I will be happy to bet simply for the right to say "I won the bet".

(I'm not sure, but I think we might already be betting on this.)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 10:51 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

The volatility of public perceptions appears to be continuing across the political spectrum. As a minimun the previous acceptance of the inevitability of Hillary's election, or even nomination as the Democrsat candidate, has disappeared, probably forever. On both sides of the political divide, the continuing ascendency of candidates only recently considered as either unelectable or at least on the fringes of aceptability defies accepted conventional political wisdom. Who, a year ago would have taken seriously the notion that Joe Biden would poll better than the previously inevitable Clinton ? Or that an outlier like Trump would lead the established Republican candidates?? That all of this is not only sustained, but apparenty still growing tells us that new political forces and alignments are likely at work in the country and that their future effects are, at best, very hard for any of us to forecast reliably.

I suspect that all of this is based on a growing sense of unease in the country and dissatisfaction with current political leadership across the board. Where will it lead us?

It won't lead anywhere, George...and I suspect you know it.

95% of all the incumbents running in 2016 will be re-elected.

There is no change...let alone sea change...in the cards. And the only people who think there is...are naive waifs.
hawkeye10

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
There is no change...let alone sea change...in the cards. And the only people who think there is...are naive waifs.

Quote:
Car czar Ernie Boch Jr. has a familiar message for the dozens of pro-choice activists planning to protest his fundraiser for Donald Trump this evening: Come on down!

“Everybody’s entitled to their opinion,” Boch told the Herald last night. “Nobody wants someone protesting them, but what are you going to do? … Everyone should have a voice. We’re here to hear Mr. Trump express his opinions. He’s a world figure and people are coming to hear what he has to say.”

Boch said he’s expecting upward of 1,000 people at the $100-a-head fundraiser and more than 100 media members will cover the event, including CNN, which is broadcasting live from the party.

“I knew it would be busy but I had no idea,” he said. “Hundreds of people have asked me, and hundreds of people are asking hundreds of people who know me. I have people from high school calling me. My enemies are calling me! You’ve got to admit, Trump has changed the game.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/08/ernie_boch_jr_says_protesters_welcome_at_donald_trump_bash

Ernie Boch, Jr., born in 1958, is the CEO, president, and spokesman of Boch Enterprises, a $1 billion business consisting primarily of automobile dealerships in Norwood, Massachusetts.[1] Boch is a local celebrity in the Greater Boston area who has a passion for music, makes television cameos, and has a creative approach to advertising and selling cars.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Boch,_Jr.

Ernie Boch, Jr., naive waif according to Frank....