When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

cicerone imposter

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 06:53 pm
@Lash,
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/08/14/cnns_brian_stelter_sean_hannity_irresponsibly_spreading_conspiracy_theories_about_hillary_clinton_health_problems.html

The supposed doctor that diagnosed Hillary is an anesthesiologist. He puts people to sleep before surgery. I think he took his own meds.
reasoning logic

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 07:01 pm
I am not sure if you seen this video so I would like to repost it.

The truth about the Clinton foundation in in less than ten minutes

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 07:02 pm
@Lash,
Well, this certainly could be the case since there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell that she would give up her quest for power because of her health, but as long as the reporting of her alleged health problems remains on the fringe, it will have no impact whatsoever.

She'll need to fall to the floor or go completely incoherent at a MSM covered event for it to have any traction.

Hey, if she wins and her health removes her from the presidency, I'll be a lot more content with Tim Kain as president than her.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 07:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The supposed doctor that diagnosed Hillary is an anesthesiologist. He puts people to sleep before surgery. I think he took his own meds.

I did not read or watch what was shared but I did see where a neurologist sheared his concerns about Hillary's brain injury.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 08:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
You score no points with me when you point out a failing in Trump. I'm not a supporter, as I have pointed out umpteen times, and even if I were what sort of defense is "Yeah, but the other guy does this..."

Don't need to defend Hillary getting paid for giving speeches. It's not illegal, and it is not even traditional to release what is said at every speech. That the Right is trying to stave off possible disaster for their side by pretending there is an issue with Hillary's speeches does not mean that such an issue exists.
Blickers

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 08:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
How did he make the money needed to buy a $600,000 second home? Do you have one.

You've been complaining all thread about the Clintons making speeches at $250,000 a pop. I would think a possible source of the money for their new house would be self-evident.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 08:18 pm
@Blickers,
There are so many things wrong with Trump, they're only trying to divert the conversation.
Blickers

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 08:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No question about that, ci. They're inventing scandals because the ones they tried didn't work.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:33 am
Poll: Clinton holds large lead among millennials

Quote:
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton holds a large lead over Republican nominee Donald Trump among millennial voters, according to a new USA Today/Rock the Vote poll.

Clinton is favored by 56 percent of voters under the age of 35, while Trump is backed by only 20 percent, according to the survey of millennials.

In a four-way matchup including Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson and Green Party nominee Jill Stein, Clinton gets 50 percent of the vote from those under 35 and Trump receives only 18 percent. Johnson is favored by 11 percent and Stein by 4 percent. Another 18 percent say they won't vote or don't know whom they will vote for.

According to the survey, half of those under 35 say they identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party.

Only 20 percent of the respondents say they identify with or lean toward the Republican Party. Another 17 percent identify as independents and 12 percent identify with another party or don't know.

The survey also found that 72 percent of supporters of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders who are under 35 plan to vote for Clinton and 11 percent say they will support Trump. Another 11 percent say they don't plan to vote and 6 percent say they don't know.

That runs counter to Trump's rhetoric -- the GOP nominee has frequently said on the trail that his campaign will attract Sanders voters disillusioned by the internal feud between the Democratic campaigns.

Clinton does better among young men, 58 percent to 22 percent, than she does among young women, 53 percent to 17 percent. Women are slightly more likely to say they won't for either major party's presidential nominee, 17 percent to 13 percent.

The survey was conducted among 1,539 adults ages 18-34 from Aug. 5 to Aug. 10. The margin of error is 4.6 percent.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:46 am
I keep thinking Lash can't sink any lower or grasp more desperately. Then she starts promoting the "Hillary's having seizures and dying" meme that's being championed on Faux Noise by none other than the biggest pustule of all, Sean Hannity.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 08:44 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
what sort of defense is "Yeah, but the other guy does this..."

Apparently it's good enough for you ...

as earlier, Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Clinton won't refrain from specious attacks (Dems never do) so why should Trump?

So, to sum up: The "yeah but the other guy does it" defense only lacks merit if the other guy does it.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:19 am
@joefromchicago,
Not quite, but a good catch nevertheless.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 11:30 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The Senate certainly is in play but I don't think the House will change hands.

Supreme Court justice picks will be significant, so perhaps you can overlook her corruption for four years in return for a decade or more of liberal SC decisions.

I'm certainly skeptical about the House, but it's not out of reach given the current situation.

I'm not particularly concerned about cries of 'corruption!' regarding Clinton, given the fact that in this case, the boy has indeed cried wolf for my entire life.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
And if you remember the fable, eventually the boy was eaten by a wolf.

Given her power, her influence and her time-tested defensive approach of stone-walling, lies, destruction of evidence etc, it's not surprising that she hasn't had to pay for her sins.

Even you can't seriously argue that she has been entirely transparent when charged with misdeeds.
cicerone imposter

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's silly to think Hillary can manipulate voters.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's silly to think Hillary can manipulate voters.

Really?

That's what all politicians do.
cicerone imposter

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
That's what all politicians do.

Prove it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes. Really. Hillary's unfavorability rating is 54%. She's doing a bang up job, isn't she.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And if you remember the fable, eventually the boy was eaten by a wolf.

And if we're to carry this metaphor to it's conclusion, the village survives....

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Given her power, her influence and her time-tested defensive approach of stone-walling, lies, destruction of evidence etc, it's not surprising that she hasn't had to pay for her sins.

That is called begging the question. If she's guilty of destruction of evidence, why hasn't she been successfully prosecuted for it? Your unsubstantiated claims of her utter corruption does not compel me to believe the same.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Even you can't seriously argue that she has been entirely transparent when charged with misdeeds.

"Entirely transparent" is a pretty unreachable standard. Has any president or presidential nominee ever been "entirely transparent?"

Name one.
DrewDad

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:26 pm
@DrewDad,
Here's the thing.... I'm not looking for a president who is a paragon of virtue, sans peur et sans reproche.

I want a sane, competent person to execute the laws of the land. Preferably someone who understands the modern world and is not going to try to drag us back to some imagined utopia from the past.