When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:25 am
@nimh,
We can read the facts- what Hillary said, what Trump said. When an opinionater writes a narrative to minimize or negate facts for one, the writer becomes a shill in my opinion.

What she did was serious and it is not ok with me that it was spun in her favor.

I'm astonished at the level of "protection" Hillary enjoys in the American media.
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:30 am
@Lash,
It was the campaign they ran in 2008, they were getting desperate and saying a lot of things. It was low and she was rightly criticized for it.

The two statement are not just matter of semantics. Trump hinted to 2amendment supporters (as though not everyone supports the 2amendment) that maybe there is something they can do before she gets to be president and picks a liberal judge. The implication is clear considering who he was addressing and the subject matter. Clinton suggested like Kennedy, Obama might be assassinated, it was tasteless and insensitive but not an implied suggestion to assassinate Obama and no one thought so at the time.

No one bought Hillary's story of she just meant the campaign could run on into the summer just like no one buys Trump's story he meant second amendment people could vote for him. They knew that anyway and there was no reason for him to say "I don't know" if he just meant, "vote for me instead."
Lash

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:38 am
@revelette2,
It seems like we have the same opinion about this issue.

I just wanted to cut into the general indignant frenzy by reminding people Clinton did approximately the same thing.

Edit- You are incorrect that no one thought she was suggesting assassination. They certainly did. The most famous response to her implied suggestion to assassinate Obama is Keith Olbermann's epic takedown of Hillary free to anyone on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/DLNFsl130_Y
farmerman

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:46 am
@revelette2,
anytime Trump says"By the way"---get ready for a thought-free statement.
I love the way hi advisors are trying to nackpeddle on this. If he werent such a sociopathic narcissist with ADD, he would have a working "filter" for all he says.
maporsche

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 08:46 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/291006-critics-seen-signs-of-improper-ties-in-new-clinton-emails

Pay for play proven. Hillary leads the destruction of democracy and fair representation by selling off America to the highest bidder.

One of these days maybe we'll see a post in SUPPORT of whomever you're voting for and not just one against Hillary.

Against Hillary, ALL the time.
revelette2

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 09:12 am
@Lash,
Well, I don't remember it being a thing, I don't even think Obama's people thought so at the time. The two statements are nothing alike. One was a tasteless reference to Kennedy's assassination with the implication being the same could happen to Obama and the other is a hint for people afraid Hillary is going to take their guns away to do her in before she gets to be president by which time it would be too late.

I honestly think you know the difference, it just doesn't fit how you want to portray Hillary so you twist it around in your usual fashion.
revelette2

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 09:20 am
@farmerman,
He would probably have to pay his handlers overtime and since he tries to pay employees the least amount possible (or just leaves them high and dry), he can't get very good ones. You get what you pay for.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 10:18 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
As well, the story of Seddique Mateen, the father of the Orlando killer Omar Mateen, appearing in the front rows of a Clinton Rally is dead on arrival. Now the fact that Mateen the Elder supports Clinton really doesn't say anything about Clinton is pretty irrelevant. If the father of Dylann Roof appeared in the same frame as the candidate at a Trump rally, it would be all over the news, with all sorts of sinister suggestions being made by Clinton surrogates. Trump wouldn't have had to say a word about it, he could have allowed surrogates to make the suggestions. Would it have been dirty? Yep, but no dirtier than the tricks all campaigns play. However he can't take advantage of what was almost certainly an unfortunate coincidence because, once again, his big mouth has redirected media attention away from Clinton and on himself.

Let me get this straight: you think it's unfortunate that Trump can't launch the same sort of irrelevant attack on Clinton that Clinton hypothetically could launch against Trump?
georgeob1

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 10:43 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
They're coming to California too

Yes, I know. But of course the point remains that the direction of immigration is one way.

Yes and no. I have several friends who have lived mostly in China for the past decade - mostly doing business in their exploding economy ( one has built a very large business selling and installing solar panels in multiple growing Chinese cities; others ( including some retired senior military folks) are
venture capitalists working either with Chinese firms or U.S. counterpsarts doing business with them. All say living there is quite pleasant, and that the Chinese are like us in many ways and profoundly different in others.

All suggest in various ways that China is a bit of a mystery, but it is more likely seeking to find a modern version of its long-lasting traditional mandarin system of an authoritrian mertiocracy, than a Marxist state. Chunba clearly still sees itself as the "middle Kingdom" at the center of the world about it, and now at the end of an abnormal three century period dominated by foreign barnarians.

The problems of course were that the meritocracy degenerated over time into a self absorbed bureaucracy that couldn't deal with new forces, and the barbarians kept coming back.
cicerone imposter

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 10:45 am
@georgeob1,
I've been to China several times, and didn't feel out of place or felt discomfort. As a matter of fact, I'd say I felt at home. BTW, I'm Japanese American, third generation.
georgeob1

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, well I'm Irish American, first generation.

But then you know that Tak.
Lash

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:24 am
@revelette2,
Did you bother to read the Obama camp's response or view flaming liberal Keith Olbermann's response, or did it not fit into your Hillary Hurrah No Matter What narrative?

Pot, kettle.
cicerone imposter

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:29 am
@georgeob1,
My best friend was born in Shanghai, and his parents told him never to marry a Cantonese. Guess what? He married a Cantonese.
He's gone now, because he loved to eat, and was diabetic. He was a good cook, and when we lived in Oakland, he used to come over every weekend to cook for us.
He was one of the first programmers. He learned programming when we lived in Chicago in the fifties. When we moved to Santa Clara County, he taught programming at DeAnza College, and worked at Lockheed in management.
Lash

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:30 am
@maporsche,
She provides so much material!! If she'd slow her Queen of Corruption roll, I'm sure I'd find other things to talk about.

And more so, if you people acknowledged her ****, what reason would there be for me continually citing it? You dodge it. She's above the law because of that type of avoidance.
Blickers

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Turns out the Chinese, who a generation ago had less than 1% of the population diabetic, now has 12% of the population with it-the highest rate in the world. Experts blame sedentary living and a Western diet.
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 12:00 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I'm sure I'd find other things to talk about.

LOL...not a chance in hell. There's one arrow in your political quiver Lash. I'll feel sorry for you once Hillary is out of office in 8.5 years. Maybe you'll get another chance with Chelsea...or maybe you'll live long enough for Hillary's grandchild to run. I'm pushing for you.
georgeob1

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 12:08 pm
@maporsche,
Do you assume that what the various posters write here constitutes their whole lives? or that they have no other interests? If so then that raises questions about most of us on the site, yourself (and me) included.

Lash is nothing if not focused on her views of the relative merits of Bernie and Hillary, but then so are many others here . She has taken a lot of flack from some of the more thin-skinned and self-righteous posters here (a site filled with those traits) and given back as much as she has taken. Do you see a problem with that? Perhaps you just like to side with the schoolyard crowd of insecure bullies.
revelette2

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 12:11 pm
@Lash,
I no longer click your links. It doesn't matter, I have said what I think and see no need to keep going on about it.
maporsche

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 12:18 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Do you assume that what the various posters write here constitutes their whole lives? or that they have no other interests? If so then that raises questions about most of us on the site, yourself (and me) included.

What I think about you, in this instance, is that you read my post much too quickly and decided to lash out. That says more about you than it does about me.

I said: "There's one arrow in your political quiver Lash."

I am speaking to her political posts/views specifically. Never did I mention the rest of her life or interests.

Get off your pedestal princess.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 12:34 pm
@joefromchicago,
You got it straight.

Clinton won't refrain from specious attacks (Dems never do) so why should Trump? This is hardball and past candidates like McCain and Romney lost because they wouldn't play the game like their opponents.