When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

revelette2

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
So, yeah, I think it's fair to ask what he'd do that would have any impact.

I can't see what else he can do, he has endorsed her, they have worked together on compromising the college tuition thing and worked on other issues. I am pleasantly surprised by his handling of the recent scandal and his continued support of Hillary Clinton. I may become a Bernie fan, not that I would vote for him if suddenly it became a option unless the only other option was Trump.
revelette2

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:09 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
So they were able to hack the DNC but unable to hack Hillary?

Yes, that is the evidence so far.
revelette2

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:20 pm
@snood,
bobsal has a thread in which he posted some words from Bernie Sanders which I found encouraging.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoIx3bKWIAEJWV-.jpg

Perhaps him saying "it is up to Hillary" in that admittedly snotty way is just his way of saving face with the "Berners." It doesn't really matter as long as he doesn't cause undue problems tonight and continues to work with Hillary on issues rather than just complaining.

I am worried about those Berners tonight. I have an awful feeling tonight is gong to be a disaster of biblical proportions.
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:38 pm
@revelette2,
Quote revellette:
Quote:
I can't see what else he can do, he has endorsed her, they have worked together on compromising the college tuition thing and worked on other issues. I am pleasantly surprised by his handling of the recent scandal and his continued support of Hillary Clinton.

Me too. In my opinion Bernie fought hard to make his point, now he's keeping his eye on the prize and making sure that many of his ideas get pushed via Hillary, as opposed to America going backwards on human rights and the concentration of all the money at the top via Trump.
giujohn

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:49 pm
Maybe after Julian Assange releases what the Russians have from Hillary's State Department emails will Hillary then step down
0 Replies

snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:43 pm
@Blickers,
I was just watching some eary scenes from the DNC. The woman pastor gining the benediction was jeered for the whole prayer by people chanting "Bernie! Bernie!".

I can't see it - do you sunderstand what the disgruntled Berners are hoping to accomplish at the convention, besides chaos?
giujohn

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:51 pm
It hasn't even been an hour since they gaveled in this convention and the wheels are falling off everybody who even slightly mentions Hillary the floor goes crazy and booed the speaker and chants Bernie Bernie Bernie... this is definitely must see TV
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:56 pm
Let us remember the Brooks Brothers Riot, where a group of individuals passing themselves off as concerned citizens were actually GOP operatives bused in by the GOP with orders to disrupt the ballot recount (among them was John Bolton).

Let's also recall the PUMA/ClintonsForMcCain 'movement' from eight years ago which was replete with conservatives pretending to be Clinton supporters. As I've noted before, the ClintonsForMcCain domain was registered by the GOP (Wired broke that story at the time).

It would be extremely foolish to imagine that the "Bernie supporters" crowd is not in the pattern of the above. If Bernie "supporters' are booing him when he speaks (and they have been) that ought to give you a clue.
blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:58 pm
Steve Benen has a good report on the DNC email hack and who appears to have been responsible. http://on.msnbc.com/2a6Nlub
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:59 pm
@Lash,
So funny watching these denialist corruption supporters squirming Lash. :-)
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:02 pm
@blatham,
Wow that's one heck of a conspiracy theory considering that there are over 1000 Bernie delegates at the convention and they just found out yesterday that they all got screwed.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:07 pm
@blatham,
Well if they are republican plants, chaos is their endgame. The more they can disrupt, the worse is the public perception of party unity and the candidate. And if they accomplish that, they can minimize whatever bump she will get out of the convention.
If as you say republicans are infiltrating, their motivation is obvious. I was trying to get some kind of window into what the real Bernie supporters are hoping to accomplish. I mean, you acknowledge they aren't all plants, don't you?
revelette2

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:08 pm
@snood,
It is so disrespectful, during a prayer? Disgusting. These Berners are giving new meaning to the term the "Loony left."

Quote:
I was just watching some eary scenes from the DNC. The woman pastor gining the benediction was jeered for the whole prayer by people chanting "Bernie! Bernie!".
snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:11 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
It is so disrespectful, during a prayer? Disgusting. These Berners are giving new meaning to the term the "Loony left."

Well, if you read Blatham's post above you see that he thinks a bunch of them aren't even Democrats or Bernie supporters, but right wing plants. That would still be lowdown and vile, but at least if the disrupters were republican it would make sense to me.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:15 pm
@snood,
No, they certainly are not all plants. That was true also with the PUMA phenomenon, many were angry that Hillary hadn't won. But at that time, I took a full two months to dig down into what was going on and the serious organizational aspect of this was clearly GOP aligned - hundreds of linked social media entities and many of those with clearly racist content and almost none with stated support for Clinton or progressive policies. Once again, the typical technique of astro-turf scams.

Chaos, sewing the notion of disunity, trying to foment disaffection are the goals, yes. But past that, another element is the creation or strengthening of a narrative that Hillary is not a legitimate candidate and therefore, when she arrives in office, will not be a legitimate president. And from that will spring all of the right wing malice and obstruction which is guaranteed to happen up the road. Because that is what the modern right has become.

snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:22 pm
@blatham,
Okay, so we are agreed that the right has many reasons to bollocks up the convention. If we stipulate that the disgruntled Bernie followers are not just there to throw a tantrum, what do you see as their possible desired outcome?
blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:25 pm
Here's an old video from eight years ago. Christi Adkins is the lady in the center. She claims to be an independent here (as she did on her various appearances on Hannity) but she was actually a lifelong Republican. And as I noted, a reporter at Wired checked and found that the political entity she headed up was registered by the RNC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVHZHuyVeio

And if you don't know about the Brooks Brothers Riot, go find out about it at wikipedia or elsewhere. From the wikipedia page, here's a list of who participated. You'll recognize that first name.
Quote:

Roger Stone,[13] a self described "GOP Hitman"[14] and former member of Nixon's Committee for the Re-Election of the President
Matt Schlapp, a former House aide who became the White House political director during the Bush administration
Garry Malphrus, who became deputy director of the White House Domestic Policy Council during the Bush administration
Rory Cooper, a former staffer for the National Republican Congressional Committee
Tom Pyle, a former Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) staffer
Roger Morse, a former House aide who became a lobbyist
Duane Gibson, an aide on the House Resources Committee who became a lobbyist and consultant
Chuck Royal, legislative assistant to Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.),
Layna McConkey Peltier, a former Senate and House aide
Kevin Smith, a former GOP House aide
Steven Brophy, a former GOP Senate aide

0 Replies

Builder

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:34 pm
@snood,
You don't have support anyone to be disgusted in a blatantly corrupt process masquerading as Democratic.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:34 pm
@snood,
Quote:
what do you see as their possible desired outcome?

I'd just be guessing, snood. One assumes a passionate political stance, however romantic or unrealistic it might be. And different individuals will be unique in their own ways.

So what one would want to study would be where the funding is coming from (how did they travel there, who's paying hotel bills, etc) and one would want to study up on the social media centers they are utilizing - the content to be found there. Also, as the Brooks Brothers Riot history suggests, one would want to narrow down to key individuals engaged and what their identities and past political history is.
snood

Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:49 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
One assumes a passionate political stance, however romantic or unrealistic it might be.

Well, that's vague. And I know you'd be guessing - I don't imagine you to have mind reading abilities. All anyone can do is guess. I can't figure out what they think they're doing, so I wanted others' thoughts.

I'm just curious.

I have to say it's frustrating that no one seems to even have given it any thought. What the **** do the Berners think they're going to accomplish by working themselves into a lather at the convention? Or are they all like Lash, just lashing out because they can? So far, what I've gotten is they're taking "a passionate political stance". Okeedokie.