When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

snood

Thu 23 Jun, 2016 09:52 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

DrewDad wrote:
You do love to hone a grudge, don't you?

I suppose I might, if I actually gave a damn about you. But I don't see that happening any time soon. Or ever.

Yeah, no indication of lingering ill will there at all.
Blickers

Thu 23 Jun, 2016 10:27 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote joefromchicago:
Quote:
Precincts don't buy voting machines. In the US, elections are run by state, county, and/or municipal agencies. Precincts are merely administrative units, with no budgets or spending authority.

Duh

Not every minority lives in the core city. There are many minorities who live in smaller suburbs around the core city that are predominantly minority. Consider Flint, Michigan. Places like that, with a non-wealthy population, are not likely to have the latest voting equipment.
cicerone imposter

Thu 23 Jun, 2016 10:30 pm
@Blickers,
Actually, the whole state of Michigan is in trouble.
http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/03/michigans_aging_voting_machine.html
Blickers

Thu 23 Jun, 2016 10:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
After reading that article, let's go back to hand counting ballots. It'll be easier.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 04:10 am
@maporsche,
It's not called The Clinton Machine for nothing. If you think it's just a band of "supporters" hacking in or setting up tripped votes, go back to sleep. Sheesh.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 04:18 am
Citing "unprecedented dissatisfaction with major party candidates," Johnson gets CNN treatment. Third parties are finally rising to prominence in the US because the two-party system of choosing the lesser of two evils has finally yielded two evils.

Hillary and Trump hated by most humans. Pod people, oblivious.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/politics/gary-johnson-bill-weld-town-hall/I'm
Builder

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 04:54 am
@Lash,
Quote:
because the two-party system of choosing the lesser of two evils has finally yielded two evils.

We got that already. Last election phase.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 05:30 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Not every minority lives in the core city. There are many minorities who live in smaller suburbs around the core city that are predominantly minority. Consider Flint, Michigan. Places like that, with a non-wealthy population, are not likely to have the latest voting equipment.

Are you saying that Flint is a suburb? Of what?
DrewDad

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 06:31 am
@joefromchicago,
Troll score 2/10. Try harder.
joefromchicago

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:22 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Yeah, no indication of lingering ill will there at all.

I certainly bear you no ill will, snood. After all, I've never put you on ignore.
joefromchicago

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:24 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Troll score 2/10. Try harder.

The funny thing about a statement like this is that you probably don't even recognize its irony.
snood

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:27 am
This guy is sure doing this in half-assed dribs and drabs. Still haven't heard a whimper out of him about encouraging support for Hillary from his followers. I think he just doesn't want to let go of his fame and glory.

Bernie Says "I'll vote for Hillary"

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/bernie-sanders-says-he-will-vote-for-hillary-clinton/
revelette2

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:31 am
@snood,
I guess he just want to stay in the news until the convention so he can arm twist his way even though he lost. The irony is that many of the things he wants, democrats already want anyway, just maybe not exactly.

For instance, I am pretty sure everyone wants to improve Obamacare, but not scrap it altogether and start scratch as that would risk having nothing at all. Also, every democrat want to raise minimum wage, if states will go to 12 but not 15 that would still be improvement over the current minimum wage which hasn't changed since 2009.
snood

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:35 am
@revelette2,
I understand that he wants to hold on to any leverage he still has, but I'm not quite sure how showing class and supporting Hillary would hurt his chances to arm-twist.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:35 am
The movement that coalesced around Bernie is deciding on a way forward. Looks like it may be Green.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/06/24/beyond-bernie-still-not-with-her/
DrewDad

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:41 am
@joefromchicago,
"Negging" can work to make someone feel inferior, but it needs to be used sparingly, otherwise it reveals your own feelings of inadequacy and how much you really do care.

Have you raised kids? It's kinda funny when they simultaneously claim not to care what you think, while peeking one eye at you to see what your reaction will be. You remind me a lot of that.
snood

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:56 am
Wonder why Bernie sanders and Jill Stein don't team up? Might make a potent pair.
Lash

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 08:35 am
@snood,
Bernie refuses to be a spoiler.
joefromchicago

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 08:47 am
@DrewDad,
I don't need to deal with little children. I have A2K for that.
snood

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 08:49 am
@Lash,
Yeah, I know. No ego, all principles. Got it.
0 Replies