When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 09:55 am
@RABEL222,
This reminds me of the scene in Braveheart when William Wallace has fought for Ireland to the point of exhaustion and uncovers the face of the man leading a fresh battalion against the Irish - on the verge of their success.

It was his king. Traitor. Betrayer. He sold out.

Bernie Sanders is the only progressive in the race.
georgeob1

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 11:39 am
@Lash,
Wallace fought for the Scots, not the Irish. There's a difference.

I'll agree Sanders is the only real progressive currently in the race. Hillary is simply whatever appears to her at the moment will get her elected. Beyond that I also think that Sanders is remarkablty self-consistent over time for a politician. However, that is a bit easier for a senator from a small, odd state like Vermont with few relizable political ambitions. I don't think he has a serious chance to get the Democrat nomination. If Hillary craters during the campaign the Dems will find someone else, possibly Elizabeth Warren, but more likely someone else in my opinion.
Lash

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 12:11 pm
@georgeob1,
Dammit. Sorry. I'm sure there's an incredible difference to them!

Nice to see you, and it seems the Dems are trying to get Biden in due to signs of cratering.
georgeob1

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 12:18 pm
@Lash,
I wasn't thinking of Biden, but I agree he appearss to be the most likely alternative. (Certainly not Martin O'Malley. I know him from my Baltimore days running a company there: very slick and very crooked, even in a slick, crooked town.). I would prefer Bernie !
Thomas

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 01:53 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I wasn't thinking of Biden, but I agree he appearss to be the most likely alternative. (Certainly not Martin O'Malley. I know him from my Baltimore days running a company there: very slick and very crooked, even in a slick, crooked town.).

Bummer about O'Malley, but thanks for letting us know.

georgeob1 wrote:
I would prefer Bernie !

For the same reason I'd prefer Teddie Cruz to run for the Republicans? Or do you actually think he'd be the better alternative for the country?
georgeob1

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 02:15 pm
@Thomas,
I think Bernie Sanders is likely a straightforweards, honest man. I disagree strongly with his political and economic views, but I believe the country would fare better under him than under either Joe Biden or Martin O'Malley.

I don't support Ted Cruz, mostly because he, like that remarkably blonde Cherokee, Elizabeth Warren on the Democrat side, appears to lack the doubt gene. Both appear to me to be far too convinced that they know exactly what is good for the rest of us. I think that's dangerous, regardless of their political conmvictions. (There's really nothing I like about Warren, and little about Cruz).

I recognize that Cruz is the current poster boy for all that is evil in the contemporary religion of political correctitude, and that was the likely foundation for your question.

I knew Jim Webb at Annapolis. He's smart, but very self-absorbed. Sometimes I thought he came from another planet. Did you know that the 1967 welterweight boxing finals there were between Webb and Ollie North. Ollie won.
hawkeye10

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 02:38 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I knew Jim Webb at Annapolis. He's smart, but very self-absorbed. Sometimes I thought he came from another planet.

He sure sometimes seems delusional.

Quote:
Jim Webb, though, a descendant of Confederate officers, defended those who fought for the Confederacy. He wrote in a June 24 Facebook post:

Quote:
"The Confederate Battle Flag has wrongly been used for racist and other purposes in recent decades. ... But we should also remember that honorable Americans fought on both sides in the Civil War, including slave holders in the Union Army from states such as Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland and Delaware, and that many non-slave holders fought for the South. It was in recognition of the character of soldiers on both sides that the federal government authorized the construction of the Confederate Memorial 100 years ago, on the grounds of Arlington National Cemetery. This is a time for us to come together, and to recognize once more that our complex multicultural society is founded on the principle of mutual respect."

I dont think you get to be taken seriously as a POTUS candidate in 2015 with this viewpoint. The fact that he is right does will not matter.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 08:46 pm
To answer the thread question, pretty damn soon. Hillary was heckled today so badly, her paid staff roped the press out of earshot, but they still heard.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-and-bush-struggle-to-shed-dynasty-labels-in-nh-parades/2015/07/04/93173942-2285-11e5-84d5-eb37ee8eaa61_story.html?tid=pm_politics_pop_b

Ah. I love the smell of napalm in the morning....
hawkeye10

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 09:01 pm
@Lash,
I am pretty sure that I said over a year ago that the D bosses are idiots.....this hate of Hillary goes very deep, America will never let her sit in the POTUS chair. They never should have bought her argument that letting her run unopposed so that a primary did not pull her left was the only way for the D's to win. Americans want choice, competition is good, and Hillary is a horrible candidate. The number one thing that person has to have is that connection to the people....a sense that "He/she is like me". And contrary to D press releases very few people ever gave a **** that Obama is part black, most of us care very little about race. We elected Obama because we felt he was like us. Turns out that he is an incompetent manager and politician, but those are other matters. He was an exceptionally good candidate.
hawkeye10

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 11:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
I for one will never forgive her for being a first rate **** during the bimbo eruptions, And I will never forget that nothing she does is ever her fault, and nothing that goes wrong with her causes are ever the fault of the people who support it or the argument of the cause. She might make a better president than Carter, but no one else, and besting Carter is only a maybe
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 5 Jul, 2015 10:34 pm
@Lash,
Two hecklers out of hundreds or thousands? Seems to me you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Lash

Mon 6 Jul, 2015 07:01 pm
@RABEL222,
I don't know where you got 2. They were all along the route. She had to run to get away from some.
georgeob1

Mon 6 Jul, 2015 08:31 pm
@Lash,
This is a very interesting question and it has become very hard (for me at least) to evaluate the situation. A couple of months ago when the e-mail issues and those attending unwarrented influence regarding foreign (and domestic) contributions to their foundation, together with the Clinton's use of it to pay their retinue of political attendants, were all very prominently in the news, it appeared to me that Hillary might fold fairly quickly. Instead she has demonstrated remarkable tenacity and, as well, the equally remarkable Clinton ability to shrug off scandals that would destroy other politicians.

In addition, not everyone shares your confidence in Bernie Sanders, including Elizabeth Warren, who I'me sure would already be in the race if she thought Hillary was about to fade. The Democrats have a lot riding on the coronation of Hillary and haven't yet lost confidence in their belief that she is by far their best bet to retain the Presidency.

She has proven to be a somewhat wooden campaigner and the various scandals have indeed dented her public approval. However the facade hasn't yet started to crumble. There's a lot of time left and it all could happen fairly quickly, but that remains a big IF.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 01:45 am
Quote:
One expert believes Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign is "sinking like a rock."

During an appearance on Newsmax TV's "Newsmax Prime," John Zogby of Zogby Analytics tells host J.D. Hayworth Clinton's stock is plummeting.

"Both her and her campaign are in trouble," Zogby says. "The very fact that there was a modest sort of acknowledgement of that really should reflect the fact that it's a much bigger problem. Not only for her, but for the party at this point and time. She is frankly sinking like a rock."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/John-Zogby-Hillary-Clinton-campaign-trouble/2015/07/06/id/653715/#ixzz3fBoONMYP

And it was all so predictable.
parados

Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:53 am
@hawkeye10,
Zogby and Newsmax don't like Hillary. Gosh, that is so predictable. The only thing missing was Karl Rove and his whiteboard to show how Hillary can't win.
coldjoint

Sat 11 Jul, 2015 01:12 pm
@parados,
Quote:
The only thing missing was Karl Rove and his whiteboard to show how Hillary can't win.

No need for Karl, she can lose on her own.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 11 Jul, 2015 07:08 pm
Another moment in the never ending saga that we like to call The Haphazard Coronation of Dirty HRC. When last we saw our stalwart damsel, she was promising some cushy Fed education assignment to Randi So n So, chief pantsuit of the American Federation of Teachers for a HRC presidential endorsement. Problem is: the teachers, like most everybody else, don't like HRC and are a bit pissed that Randi sold them out. The AFT page on Facebook is lit up and teachers are demanding AFT retract the endorsement.

Love, Lash❤️😝🇺🇸
RABEL222

Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:55 pm
@Lash,
Did you see this someplace other than a fox station?
coldjoint

Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:23 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Did you see this someplace other than a fox station?

Maybe a Jew told her. http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/chuckle.gif
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:56 pm
@Lash,
Funny, I heard two people heckle her. You have more heckling footage?