When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

joefromchicago

Sat 9 May, 2015 09:23 am
Yet another wingnut who can't tell the difference between the deficit and the national debt.
Baldimo

Sat 9 May, 2015 09:41 am
@parados,
Govt private debt? Where do you get these phrases? There is NOTHING private about the debt in the govt. It is all public debt, it's our debt. This is the problem with you guys on the left. You always think about the govt as someone else's money. What does it matter, they will tax someone else, it isn't my money.

Have a read:
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-837799
parados

Sat 9 May, 2015 11:47 am
@carloslebaron,
Hmm... I know the difference between the sexes. I wonder how many bulls you have tried to milk.
parados

Sat 9 May, 2015 11:58 am
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
The chart posted before shows that the national debt continued with the same average rate under the Clinton's administration.

You seem to be confused about the meaning of the words 'same average rate.'

The debt did NOT continue with any average rate under Clinton.
The rate of debt to GDP decreased as opposed to increasing before he took office.
The rate of deficit increase was the opposite of his predecessors.

You also seem to be confused about the term trend.
Under Reagan, GHWBUsh the debt to GDP ratio went from 37% to 64%
Under Clinton the debt to GDP ratio went from 64% to 55%
parados

Sat 9 May, 2015 12:02 pm
@Baldimo,
Where did I say anything about PRIVATE debt? The government has public held debt and government held debt in the trust funds. The problem with you Baldimo is you can't seem to use the terms that have been used for 70 years. You think those terms are some leftist conspiracy.
parados

Sat 9 May, 2015 12:06 pm
@Baldimo,
That is not a CNN report, Baldimo. It is a blog post by someone named pagan1gov. I'll rely on the full government numbers. Not cherry picked ones from some blogger.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 9 May, 2015 12:22 pm
@parados,
Actually, it's by a certain Craig Steiner, who posted it on his website Craig Steiner, U.S. - Common Sense American Conservatism
parados

Sat 9 May, 2015 12:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Let me rephrase that then:

I'll rely on the full government numbers. Not cherry picked ones from some blogger named Craig Steiner.
RABEL222

Sat 9 May, 2015 01:46 pm
@parados,
You should know by now Parados that when Baldy is between a rock and a hard place he tries to change the meaning of the subject thinking it will fool people into thinking he is really smart. He isent smart enough to realize just how stupid it makes him look.
hawkeye10

Sat 9 May, 2015 06:37 pm
Quote:
Beware, Hillary. Polling has been overinflating the left’s strength in recent contests around the globe, from last year’s US midterms to this year’s Israeli voting to, now, the UK general election.
Indeed, the right’s been on the rise across the English-speaking world, from Australia to Canada to India and now Britain.
The class-warfare stuff, in particular, seems a hard sell.
After all, last fall, Mayor de Blasio, keynoting Labor’s party conference, called income inequality “the issue of our time throughout the globe.”
He told Labor leader Ed Miliband, “You are on the right side of history.”
Oops. After his historic loss, Miliband quit his leadership post Friday.
The Clinton campaign might want to look for a slightly different “issue of our time.”

http://nypost.com/2015/05/08/british-voters-warning-to-hillary-clinton/

I am becoming increasingly sceptical about the support in America for stuff like a $15 min wage. The middle class is dying because America is dying, voiding the labor markets by centralized control of the economy is not going to fix America any more than it lead the CCCP to glory. I think that the American people basically know this, and that by choosing to champion this agenda that Hillary has miscalculated.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Sat 9 May, 2015 06:42 pm
@parados,
You mean cherry picked #'s like when a govt year actually ends vs when people such as yourself says it ends? The govt's fiscal year does not run on a normal calender year. The govt fiscal year does indeed end in Sept and start on Oct 1st.

Baldimo

Sat 9 May, 2015 06:44 pm
@parados,
You said it right here:

Quote:
Unless the government is paying down it's private debt at a rate to offset the increase in debt from SS invested in Treasuries the debt will go up.

Are you denying you said it now?
parados

Sun 10 May, 2015 08:30 am
@Baldimo,
Yes, it does begin on Oct 1st. What's your point? I use the numbers from the fiscal year and they show a surplus. Your blogger is wrong because he misuses numbers from the fiscal year. He attempts to deceive people by using sleight of hand which involves ignoring the asset that trust funds have when they loan money to the general fund.
Frank Apisa

Sun 10 May, 2015 08:39 am
Quote:
When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

On January 20, 2017...she will give it up.

I suspect she will resume candidacy for re-election sometime in 2019.
0 Replies

parados

Sun 10 May, 2015 08:44 am
@Baldimo,
Not at all. It's very true. But you seem to not understand what it means.
Baldimo

Sun 10 May, 2015 12:15 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm still waiting for your proof that I have lied numerous times on this site. Back up what you say about me or don't make the claims. About the only words you add to this site is in disparaging others. You swoop in with loads of personal attacks and lies about people and then disappear.

So provide some facts of my lies or zip it.
Baldimo

Sun 10 May, 2015 12:23 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Where did I say anything about PRIVATE debt?

You tried to deny saying it though. The only reason you tried to slip by private vs public debt is to confuse the subject. I can't blame you though. You live in a world where other people's problems and poor decisions can be solved with other people's money. So in your eyes, since the rich don't "pay their fair share" it must be their debt the govt has.

You are the one who seems to confuse the difference. Public debt is govt debt, Private debt is what we as people and or companies hold due to our spending.
carloslebaron

Sun 10 May, 2015 04:00 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
Yet another wingnut who can't tell the difference between the deficit and the national debt.

In the case of our nation, both concepts are close related and in parallel in the US history: the more the deficit the greater the national debt.

Learn it, live it, love it.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Sun 10 May, 2015 04:02 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Hmm... I know the difference between the sexes. I wonder how many bulls you have tried to milk.

Nice try, but I'm lactose intolerant.

However, in your case, you even make milkshakes with the milk of your boyfriends...
0 Replies

parados

Sun 10 May, 2015 04:13 pm
@Baldimo,
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/resources/faq/faq_publicdebt.htm

Quote:
What is the Debt Held by the Public?

The Debt Held by the Public is all federal debt held by individuals, corporations, state or local governments, Federal Reserve Banks, foreign governments, and other entities outside the United States Government less Federal Financing Bank securities. Types of securities held by the public include, but are not limited to, Treasury Bills, Notes, Bonds, TIPS, United States Savings Bonds, and State and Local Government Series securities.

What are Intragovernmental Holdings?

Intragovernmental Holdings are Government Account Series securities held by Government trust funds, revolving funds, and special funds; and Federal Financing Bank securities. A small amount of marketable securities are held by government accounts.

0 Replies