((Pictures)) of American soldiers killing a handcuffed Iraqi

SCoates

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:03 pm
As a matter of fact, Acquiunk, even if you DON'T look closely at the pictures they are still copywrited by Magnum Photos.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:12 pm
Smile Wiseass!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:24 pm
I have a picture of Commander Cody and his lost planet airmen flying around the moon with his jet-pack but I think it's fake because the helmet he is wearing looks like a goldfish bowl to me.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 06:12 pm
Just caught this and I am registered and use Magnum Photos. The figure on the ground in the last photo is not dead -- he is a looter under arrest who has collapsed. The photos are about a year old.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 08:50 pm
http://www.q8ytop.com/pic/files/Anti_Yankee-1088076678.jpg

I can't believe everyone has missed this! Look in the background, against the wall. See 'em? Two lengths of copper pipe.

I might have to book a flight.

That stuff aint cheap.
0 Replies

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:41 pm
Thanks for clearing that up, light Wizard!
Dyslexia, Gus, sick puppies! Wink
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:08 pm
Yes! I was first to call bullshit. And if you look at the times of the first posts, you'll see that it took me exactly nine minutes. That is a new A2K record! Yes! I am the greatest! Yeeeehaaaaaawwwww!!!!!! Ha ha suckers!!!! I win! I win! I win!!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:10 am
Go to www.google.com and type in "hodhod". If you look around, you will find a couple of very interesting things!

Over time, there have been a number of "members" whose only reason for being here was to promote their own agendas. I am thinking of two in particular, who came on the A2K scene on practically the same date, jumped right in and posted prolifically on a johnny-one-note agenda (both the same), and disappeared on the same date. Curious, huh! Confused
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:20 am
Well, even if the poster who used these images in a false way, the last picture is still disturbing whether he is a looter or not or whether they are a year old or even if he is not dead. He looks to be in some kind of serious condition and that soldier up there is laughing and the other ones are still doing nothing but looking at the guy on the ground. Why are they not helping him or something?

Also, the second photograph, it does look like they are dragging the same guy somewhere in a rough manner.

And the in the first photograph it does look like it is the same guy that is being arrested.

There are few people who post on political boards who do not have some kind of agenda that they want to push.
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:13 am
In the pic with the copper pipes, it is obvious that the guy is NOT being "dragged in a rough manner"!

The soldier who has his shirt is not pulling--he is holding.

If the man were being dragged, there would be a lot of lateral strain (over 150 lbs of force--the man's minimum weight--plus the force required to drag the man over rubble).

Also note that the man is sitting. If he were being dragged, his torso would be in more of a layed-out position, just like if, well, he were being dragged by the collar.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:23 am
Can't buy the barney rubble slant on the pics either.

Still, one can characterize the photos anyway they want and still would not know the whole story. The fact is it's too hard to believe the media was picking up on prison photos and ignoring photos from a year ago of an alledged atrocity. The photos are grouped somewhat together on the site but the captions only fit that an arrest of a looter took place who became ill. There are no pictures, say, of the medics showing up.

Bullshit is an apt description -- there are many things happening in Iraq we wouldn't be happy about and making some up doesn't help the case against the invasion.
0 Replies

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:42 am
Kicky, You da man! Smile
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:10 pm
I don't remember exactly how the prison abuse photos got out, but I think I remember someone saying that it was the father of one of the accused who brought it to the "media's attention." Our media misses out on a lot.

Ok, maybe in the second photo the soldier is merely holding a hurt man instead of dragging him. But still look how he is doing it in a rough manner while looking at something else.

I still maintain the photos are disturbing all on their own and show un-caring soldiers in face of someone being hurt.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 04:41 am
Quote:
I still maintain the photos are disturbing all on their own and show un-caring soldiers in face of someone being hurt.

A photograph is but a brief snapshot in time. Because we see this tiny slice of time out of context, we really don't know what led to it.

revel- You may be right, or you may be absolutely wrong. There is no way of telling, by the picture alone.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:05 am
Quote:
A photograph is but a brief snapshot in time. Because we see this tiny slice of time out of context, we really don't know what led to it

How very true, Phoenix. How very, very true....

http://www.series.net/ranger/volume01frontispiece.gif
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 07:24 am
The soldiers could easily be waiting for a medic.
0 Replies