Every Liberal And Democrat needs To Look At This IMHO

maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 11:55 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

you're making specific judgments on behavior of people with a different viewpoint than yours. In a derogatory manner. It's right here in plain English for all to see.

Yes, and I stand by my specific judgments on the behavior of said people.

Twenty months before the election is taking place, you started a thread demanding that we "get on board" with Hillary Clinton or else. What did you expect?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 02:46 pm
@maxdancona,
If you'll look at the title of my thread you'll notice IMHO. That stands for In My Humble Opinion. I've not demanded anything, I've shared someone elses quote and said I agree with it which I do. There's a world of difference between that and being a snotty dick
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:24 pm
Hillary better win...it's her only chance of staying out of JAIL.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 09:37 pm
what's the charge?
revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 02:08 pm
Does anyone think the book out by Peter Schweizer has anything potentially damaging, or just more of the same ole same ole?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 10:52 am
@revelette2,
tempest in a teapot. you're assuming these right wing teabillies are big readers
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 10:57 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
don't know if they're readers but they are consumers of media and there has already been coverage of the book

given the author's background/connections I hope that Clinton supporters aren't going to take the recent tack of 'oh that's all right'. I'd like to see a bit more offence instead of just random defence.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/04/20/clinton-cash-author-peter-schweizers-long-histo/203209

Quote:
Schweizer Worked For The Bush White House As A Speechwriting Consultant From 2008-2009. [PeterSchweizer.com, accessed 3/26/15]

Sarah Palin Hired Schweizer To Advise Her On Foreign Policy. Schweizer received $106,250 from Palin's Sarah PAC in 2011-2012, according to Federal Election Commission records. [New York Times, 5/25/11; FEC.gov, accessed 3/27/15]

Schweizer Helped Write Bobby Jindal's Autobiography. Jindal wrote on the acknowledgements page of his 2010 book that Schweizer was "crucial to this book." Jindal is a potential Clinton opponent as he is considering a run for the Republican presidential nomination. [Times-Picayune, 2/17/10; Leadership and Crisis, 2010; Politico, 3/24/15]

Schweizer Has Worked For Breitbart.com And The Conservative Hoover Institution. Breitbart.com states that Schweizer is a Breitbart News senior editor-at-large. He "was the William J. Casey Research Fellow at the Hoover Institution." [Media Matters, 11/13/11; Breitbart.com, 3/20/15; Hoover.org, accessed 4/9/15]

Schweizer Heads The Government Accountability Institute (GAI), A "Free Markets" Organization. [Guidestar.org, accessed 3/26/15]

Schweizer Heads Oval Office Writers LLC With Former Bush Aide Marc Thiessen. The firm states it helps prepare speechwriting, keynotes, congressional testimony, and fundraising help, among other services. [OvalOfficeWriters.com, accessed 4/10/15; accessed 4/10/15]

Schweizer Headlined Republican Party Fundraisers. According to event notices, Schweizer headlined 2012 Republican fundraisers for the Wakulla Republican Committee in Florida and the Republicans of Hoboken in New Jersey. [WakullaCountyChamber.com, accessed 3/25/15; The Jersey Journal, 3/28/12]

Schweizer Regularly Speaks To Conservative Groups And Conferences. He has spoken to conservative groups and conferences such as the Charles Koch Institute, the 2012 National Conservative Student Conference, 2015 Conservative Leadership Conference, and Young America's Foundation's 2011 West Coast Leadership Conference. [YouTube, 2/10/14; CSPAN, 8/3/12; Sched.org, accessed 3/26/15; YAF.org, 11/3/11]

Schweizer Was A Contributor To A Glenn Beck Book. Schweizer is listed as a contributor to former Fox News host Glenn Beck's book Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth and Treasure (Threshold Editions, October 2010). [Amazon.com, accessed 3/26/15]

etc etc

he is media-connected and media-savvy

not great with accuracy but people pay attention to the news noise not the retraction
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 12:26 pm
still a tempest in a teapot IMO. In addition to not being big readers, the American attention span is smaller than Ted Nugent's dick

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 12:39 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
still a tempest in a teapot IMO. In addition to not being big readers, the American attention span is smaller than Ted Nugent's dick

So let's put in another elite in office, because people like do not think people are capable of thinking for themselves, and need another lying criminals' guidance.

And how many dicks are you familiar with?
revelette2

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 01:27 pm
@ehBeth,
I am not so sure it will play all that much, I mean, every story imaginable has been thrown the Clinton's way, I think unless some actual big revelation comes into play, most people will just kind of think of as another whitewater scandal. The book plays to the base imo.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 01:49 pm
@revelette2,
Things have been thrown at the Clintons and as soon as a viable alternative was spotted by the Democrats in the last round of searching for a presidential candidate - that alternative was selected. Stuff does stick to them, particularly Hillary, even in cases she was only peripherally involved with.

Just look at the liberal/democrat-affiliated posters here at a2k. There is a pretty significant contingent of "I'll vote for her if there's no other choice". That is not strong enough support - if someone really thinks she's a good candidate.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 02:01 pm
It would be quite comical if it weren't so tragically sad. To think, all the Dems. have to offer is one person. One person who has been chomping at the bit for so darned long that she's done bit right through it.

Say what you want to about the Republicans, they're at least giving some options at the start.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 02:09 pm
@Sturgis,
Yes!!! I am so excited about another Bush that I am about to pee my pants. The republicans have a much more varied group of crooks than the democrats.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 03:04 pm
@2016,
2016 wrote:

Quote:

So let's put in another elite in office, because people like do not think people are capable of thinking for themselves, and need another lying criminals' guidance.

Oh, no. Most emphatically "NO!"

Let's put someone completely honest and non-political into office...especially someone who is not indebted to "the elite" in any way.

And, of course, someone who has a chance of being elected...

...someone like...

...ummmm...

...ahhhhh...

...well, I'm sure you can come up with someone.

Right?
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 03:21 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
what's the charge?

Detruction of evidence after issuance of subpoena
parados

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 03:50 pm
@giujohn,
Really? You couldn't find a court in the land that wouldn't laugh you out of the courtroom with that idiocy.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 07:22 pm
@Sturgis,
yes indeed a real varied **** buffet. A smorgasbord of feces. An embarassment of riches
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 07:25 pm
@2016,
The way the same handful of assholes are constantly showing up under different names is amusing. I'm just familiar enough with dicks to no one when I see one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 07:25 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

It would be quite comical if it weren't so tragically sad. To think, all the Dems. have to offer is one person. One person who has been chomping at the bit for so darned long that she's done bit right through it.

Say what you want to about the Republicans, they're at least giving some options at the start.

A whole clown car of options.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 07:48 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis and I disagree, far as I know, on various political stuff, but he's right on this.