who showed up with the word Usians?

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 10:16 pm
For some gut reason I can't stand this word, Usian. Every time I see it, I cringe, really physically cringe, not least for ugly grammar. Who started it? It's sort of like fruitian or bluberrian.

I get not liking us using the word american, since america is a way larger place with equal rights to the word as the U.S. has. But really, usian is a sucky word made by others, to me. But, I'm not actually sure of that. Did some lollypop u.s. company start this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,495 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 11:54 pm
@ossobuco,
Every time I see it I immediately think of that world record 100m sprinter chap.

Up until about ten years ago Americans were called Yanks over here, just as much as anything else, but then it became apparent that a fair portion of you don't like this tag, so I tend to just call you lot Americans.

Nice song though......

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 01:09 am
I see the Oztralians using "Usian" all the time, and it makes no sense to me. It's not as though they have a dog in the fight. It's not as though they are somehow demeaned if the citizens of the United States are called Americans. I think they do it just for the attention they hope it will get them.
0 Replies