Which Tech Invention of the Last 50 Years has MOST Improved Your Life?

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:32 pm
If the question was " most changed" the answer would have been the the cell phone and the follow on hand held personal computer. But most improved my life has to go to the microwave oven.

What say you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 2,736 • Replies: 7
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 06:18 am
the walkman/mp3 player/ipod

life needs a soundtrack
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:26 am
@hawkeye10,
1. The microwave. iIt has made it easier and faster to prepare many foods. But, really good cooks rarely use them. On TV, the chefs seem to be cooking nearly everything over wild , hot flames.

2.The computer has lead to the development of the internet, which is probably one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century.

3.The conversion to digital TV has resulted in the development of many new programs such as free movies. In Boston, we now have two free movie channels, one channel devoted to comedy and two others devoted to very popular shows of the 1940s upwards.

4. A cell-phone is useful,and I love it for emergencies. However, I still have a landline phone, which I use for many calls and for using my computer on the internet.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:46 am
http://www.arla.dk/Global/arladk/produkter/brands/Kaergaarden/produkter/Arla-Kaergaarden-Original-large.jpg
Kaergaarden saltet butter which is easy to spread
and
the self pulling lawnmover
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:57 am
@saab,
Quote:
the self pulling lawnmover

Pretty sure that is way older than 50 years.......
saab

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 01:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am thinking about Klippo with Briggs and Statton Motor and it was constructed around 1985. What was used in other parts of the word I do not know and certainly did not improve my life
The first lawnmover of type rotor in Sweden was constructed by Klippo 1954 which is more than 50 years ago.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Pretty sure that is way older than 50 years.......
Well, if you're gonna be that picky, I'll withdraw my suggestion for flush toilets.
saab

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 12:19 am
@neologist,
For some areas this more modern invetion is a plus
An incinerating toilet is a type of dry toilet that burns human feces instead of flushing it away with water, like a flush toilet does.
0 Replies