Who should be Hillary's running mate?

engineer

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 07:19 pm
Chafee or O'Malley would be a good VP fit at this point. The only downside to either one is they aren't going to help in a battleground state.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 07:26 pm
@engineer,
Hillary will have someone with more reserve. There is no way hillary will put up with someone who cant stay comfortably on a tight leash.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 07:27 pm
Joe Biden, John Kerry, Corey Booker, John Lewis........
engineer

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 08:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Sherrod Brown from Ohio. That's my pick.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 08:08 pm
@engineer,
Thats a good pick, too.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:12 am
Donald Trump
revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:22 am
@georgeob1,
You do know Trump is still leading in your polls, do you not? Fox News is still talking of about him and defending him. Laura Ingham said,

Quote:
Trump Resonates With GOP Despite Insults Because He's Willing To Say Things That "No One Else Is Saying"

source

This is your party, with your party's favorite at the top, own it.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:52 am
@georgeob1,
hehehe
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 01:55 pm
@revelette2,
They aren't "my polls".

I believe Trump is planning a 3rd party bid which stands a good chance of giving the election to Hillary if she survives. I suspect this gets him the attention and notariety he so obviously craves and, as he clearly outlined in his answers in the recent debate, is consistent with his self-declared policy of doing favors for potentially powerful politicians in anticipation of returns from them.

We don't really know much about his real policy plans (if he has any), but historically he has been much closer to Democrats than Republicans.

He has made himself a spokesman for those who are frustrated but don't care to think through the issues attending their frustrations. That alone can get him up to 10% of the electorate, and that may be enough. I believe his numbers will start to decline as time passes and it becomes clear he hasn't much else to say, and folks contemplate the reality of him in office. Until then it's a good way to ventilate.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 09:16 pm
@georgeob1,
The Donald and Hillary DO agree on a lot: TPP, three strike laws, NSA, war in Afghanistan, minimum sentences, PAC money, Keystone, fracking ,,,
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 09:17 pm
@georgeob1,
Donald Trump considering taking pledge not to run third party

Source: Good Morning America

UPDATE: GOP frontrunner Donald Trump told ABC News Monday he has no imminent plan to rule out a third-party run for president. “It’s absolutely possible that at some point I would change that,” Trump told ABC News over the phone, but, he added, such a change “is not imminent.” Read more here.

Donald Trump may soon do what Republican leaders have been asking the billionaire candidate to do -- pledge not to run as an independent candidate for president, a senior Trump adviser told ABC News.

Trump refused to take that pledge at the start of Thursday's GOP debate but is now seriously considering promising not to run as an independent if he does not win the Republican nomination, the adviser said.

Read more: https://gma.yahoo.com/donald-trump-considering-taking-pledge-not-run-third-124508496--abc-news-topstories.html
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 10:40 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I hate to break this to you Einstein but this is the Hillary thread. You will find a Trump thread here:

http://able2know.org/topic/164543-1

This goes to the lot of you who seem to need to make A2K be overly complicated.

Thank you
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 06:52 am
@hawkeye10,
Interesting information from the King of Diversion. Maybe if you could get your mind off your rape, incest, pederasty, subjugation of women fantasies you'd realize that the adults on this thread had just started pondering the joke that is your favorite politician (Donald tRump) running as VP for Hillary Clinton. You are a nasty, nasty piece of work to be such a pompous ass on top of it.

Your mother weeps.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 07:20 am
@georgeob1,
You are republican are you not? The last I looked Trump was ahead of all the other GOP candidates, regardless of why he decided to run, based on his outspoken views of which "resonate" with a good portion of the voting republicans. If the Clintons were behind Trump running and Trump is in it for reasons of his own, they did it knowing what would appeal to the vast majority of the GOP voting public. Think about it.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 08:01 am
I think it very likely that both VP candidates will be from Ohio this year. I've gone on record with Brown for the Democrats and Kasich is almost certainly going to be the Republican candidate unless he gets the nomination outright.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 01:07 pm
@engineer,
I think you're onto something. Bush'll get the nod.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 03:59 pm
Good running mate for Hillary might be Richard Nixon.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 04:25 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Good running mate for Hillary might be Richard Nixon.

I thought he was still dead.
roger

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 05:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Is there a problem with that?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2015 06:03 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Is there a problem with that?

I guess not. But I was just wondering.
0 Replies