Define tragedy.

lenny

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 03:08 pm
President Bush was visiting a primary school. One of the classes was in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked the president if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy."

So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a "tragedy."

One little boy stood up and offered, "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs him over and kills him, that would be a tragedy."

"No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not." explained the president. "That's what we would call a great loss."

The room went silent. No other children volunteered.

Bush searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of tragedy?" Finally at the back of the room a small boy raised his hand.

In a quiet voice he said: "If Air Force One carrying Mr. Bush was struck by a "friendly fire" missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Bush. "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says the boy, "it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be an accident either."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 721 • Replies: 4
No top replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 10:41 pm
Dang it! This joke was much funnier when Clinton was the subject.

LOL

General Tsao
"not THE General Tsao"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 08:20 am
Hahaha!!! I love it, lol!
0 Replies

mithie

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:13 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

dang

I should stop drinking coffee when I read this forum Sad
0 Replies

Nevermore

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:33 pm
President Bush is visiting the Queen of England. Over tea and scones Bush tells the Queen that he would like to redefine America because, he says, it's such a great country.
"From now on I want America to be known as an Empire!"
"No, no" says the Queen "In order to be ruler of an empire you must be an Emperor."
"Ok then" says Bush "Then it is to be known as a Kingdom"
The Queen shakes her head "In order to have a kingdom you must first be a King"
So Bush thinks really hard and says "Then it shall now be known as a Principality!"
The Queens lets out a deep sigh and replies "Mr. President, you cannot rule over a principality because you are not a Prince".
She sips her tea and says "If I were you I'd stick to calling it a Country"!
0 Replies