Recording TV Shows

gollum

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 07:27 pm
I own a regular TV set. Is there an add on device or other way for me to record a TV show that is on too late for me to view it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 483 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 09:22 pm
@gollum,
A VCR has been around since before the popularity of digital/plasma TV. You probably have one in the electronics graveyard out in the garage.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 04:01 am
@gollum,
what youre looking for is a DVR which yu can program ahead. Most SVR's (I believe) work best as a cable gizmo.
Our cable company provided us with a uni for free because it ws part of the digital switchover about 15 years ago.

The issue isnt so much the recording, its the time. I mean i you were there , youd watch the show, so you need something that sees ahead and then records on its own.
Most all DVRs use a "hard dive " and not CD's

I have a recorder that makes CDs out of VHS tapes, and this can be hooked ont one of the HDM ports through an auxiliary hookup on the TV and this can see programs to record,(but yiu still cant program ahead unless its on the cable (or a dish)
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 05:05 am
A few typos, farmerman... I believe the term for the machine envisaged may also be "PVR" (Personal Video Recorder), and the device inside that programs are recorded on is a "hard drive".
0 Replies