Should I text back

Jaya10

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 02:02 am
I'm a 30 year old single mum, about 3 years ago me and one of my male friends who's also 30 started to hook up on weekends regularly as we were and still are both single, we met back in highschool when we were 14, we both have always just hit it off, we talk for hours about everything, we would spend time hanging out. About 12 months ago, when he would come over it would be just for sex and then he would take off, then it got to only coming over when he wanted to and it would only be in the early ,am, for sex and then leave. I was done when he got his friends to drop him to my place at 2am and told them to come back for him in an hour, so I told him I'm all for what we had, but a bit of respect because I was feeling like he was treating me like a hooker. He come over earlier a few more times and then he stopped calling, texting and coming over. I would text him to come over and have dinner, hang out, which meant sex, he would always just say not tonight, so I stopped texting him after 2 weeks realising for some reason he was done. From then til now we still see each other about once a month, when one of our friends is having a party or get together or sometimes my best friend, his cousin, and I will go up to his place to have drinks with him and his sister., so there is no awkward moments , we get along like normal and still sleep together when we catch up, I've told him how I feel, he knows I would be with him in a second , I think he's amazing. I just don't know what happened
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 514 • Replies: 4
No top replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 02:31 am
@Jaya10,
Hey Jaya,

If you actually read what you wrote, you do know what's "happening" and "happened". Nothing has changed on his side of the fence at all and you are right, how dis-respectful, 2am in the morning and pick him back up in an hour because he was horny?

You were 27, and a Single Mother I can see the attraction of no strings attached, at that time.

But we as women bond once we have had sex. And three years have gone by, you ask should you text him back . A BIG NO.

You are still young and sexy and alive and will find someone that will date you and stay with you. Isn't that a better picture than 2am visits or once a month sex?

He's 30 and still partying and has no respect for women from the sounds of it, can you see a crystal ball of his future? I can 40 and still single.

Your cravings are for dinner dates, something more substantial followed by sex but not like a Hooker. That can't come from him, that can only come from setting "yourself" free and getting out there into the dating world and know your worth and expect nothing less.

We create our own problems. Remember, it was only a hook up and has been for 3 years.

We can also create new life. It's your turn.

Don't allow anyone to use you, what was mutual hasn't been for a long time.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 06:15 am
@Jaya10,
I'm sorry this is happening.

Now I'm gonna be harsh. Brace yourself.

You were right that he was treating you like a hooker.

And like a cheap one, too.

Buy a vibrator. Seriously. It won't treat you badly and it won't (undoubtedly) talk to its pals about you and your performance.

You have also been using this situation (it's not a relationship; don't call it that) as an excuse to not meet men. You know, men who will actually take you out and say three words to you before you get on your back.

Sorry but it's true.

Have some goddamned self-respect. Don't text, don't call. Block him from social media and all communications and if he comes to your door (particularly at 2 AM), tell him to **** off.

PS If there was drinking involved on his part, then you were also enabling that (as were/are his pals).

PPS For your children's sake, get out of this. Don't teach them that this is acceptable. Hell, this isn't even acceptable for hookers, who at least get paid for their time and talents.

I have every certainty that you are more than what this scum was doing to you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 08:19 am
He's behaving appropriately.

You have allowed him complete access to the cookie jar, then wonder why he doesn't appreciate the baker! Get what I mean?

Unless you screw up the courage to put some boundaries on this relationship, then you will have to settle with the crumbs he gives you.

Truthfully, he sounds like a Peter Pan type of guy. Perpetual little boy. He's not going to take being in a relationship. (Hope you are practicing safe sex. He's probably got a lot of gals on the side.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 08:27 am
@Jaya10,
Jaya10 wrote:
I think he's amazing.

really?

he treats you like a hooker, stiffs you on payment, and you think he's amazing?

0 Replies