Me and my boss- help!

Akitax

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 01:44 pm
@Olivier5,
I don't know, I guess it isn't, I just wanted to know if he liked me too that's all
Akitax

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 01:45 pm
@CoastalRat,
I know and im trying I really am
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 02:14 pm
@Akitax,
Aki -

RULE NUMBER ONE: stay away from MARRIED men. That's final. I can't emphasize that enough!!

It is easy to get a crush on a handsome, authoritative guy. So your feelings are perfectly normal. Your job is to recognize that he MAY (or may not) be giving you signals and you are not going to respond to it.

Not one thing in your post indicated HE's interested at all - (long gazes don't count. He could just be a thinker)

You say you are "involved" with someone. What's wrong with that relationship that makes you so vulnerable to a little attention from a handsome, but married man?
0 Replies

Akitax

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 02:20 pm
@Olivier5,
It's not important I guess
Olivier5

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 03:11 pm
@Akitax,
You're in love? I mean, seriously? That can be tough.

Years ago, I worked with a young and funny intern, and we flirted... She started it; I was not attracted by her sexually but liked her sense of humor a lot, with no respect for hierarchical differences between us . She would treat me like ****, and I would retaliate in kind, and then we would both laugh like crazy like two kids... Was nice. Then one day she asked if I was into her, said she needed to know... I started to pull out. And I like her; she was a joy. But for self-protection I started to pull out; told her that I always thought our flirting is was a harmless joke (the truth, I swear). Affairs in the office are generally a bad idea, it leads to all manner or rumors and expectations.

She had a bit of a hard time for a couple of weeks, because she had misjudged the situation and given meaning to things which had none. Then a buddy started to hit on her and all returned to normal.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 03:30 pm
@Olivier5,
er, the phrase here is 'back off', or 'pull away'... Wink
Olivier5

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 03:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Okay... I see what you mean. Smile
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 11:39 pm
@Akitax,
Akitax wrote:

I don't know, I guess it isn't, I just wanted to know if he liked me too that's all

He's married and he has two children. Perhaps he's not ignoring you, maybe he's preoccupied with his child's education, or one of the children is ill, you have to remember he works to support his family and has other family members, friends, a whole other life that doesn't include the office or the workforce in the office. He may like you, but you're new.....maybe he likes you in a team dynamic, appreciates your work, but I don't think you are going to get the answer you want. I think it's really important to stop worrying how much of a hit you are with the boss. You want to know, but trust me, you can live without that seal of approval.
Akitax

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:32 am
@glitterbag,
I wouldn't worry about it he's been distant and disinterested today and yesterday afternoon. He's been joking with me but not as much and nothing out of the ordinary either, it's clear he is not bothered about me and I can start to get him out of my head now x
glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 07:57 pm
@Akitax,
Just for clarification, I am not worried about anything. I simply offered some advice in case your 'issue' was actually a real situation. Either way, my life wouldn't be altered. If you were serious I thought you should know the risks.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:26 pm
@Akitax,
Let's hope you get back to why you're actually at work - not to flirt and think of your boss - you are there to work. He has pulled back already and I think someone must have told him to back off. It's not only your job on the line, but his too. Office romances are terribly unprofessional especially when one party is a supervisor. He could lose his job just as much as you could.

It seems to me you should look at your own relationship and see what's missing there - otherwise you wouldn't look for romance someplace else.

0 Replies