Passenger Plane Crashes in French Alps.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 12:05 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
An example of Non victim culture language would have it said that people are gathering to morn the passage of 149 souls.

Well, we do have memorial services for the deaths here.
And since the deaths weren't only Roman Catholics, it's an oecumenical death service.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 01:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
it's an oecumenical death service.
http://i60.tinypic.com/103vsm1.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 02:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Germanwings flight 4U9525 relatives to attend memorial service in Cologne
(Just slightly correcting that above report: Hannelore Kraft is not the "president" but the prime minister of North Rhine-Westphalia [German states don't have presidents], and Annette Kurschus is not "a Protestant pastor" but the Präses ['president', bishop] of the Evangelical Church of Westphalia. [Cardinal Woelki for the North Rhine part of our state, Kurschus for the Westphalian as well as representing the two main churches.])
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 03:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Memorial service is a service given for deceased when the body is not present. It is also significant when the person is missing and presumed dead, or known to be deceased though the body is not recoverable.
A memorial service may include speeches (eulogies), prayers, poems, or songs to commemorate the deceased.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 03:57 am
@saab,
In the Roman Catholic Church, that's a Requiem (missa pro defunctis = mass for the dead).
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 09:03 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
We had a man arrested in France for assault despite being outnumbered and the victim of the assault . His case made the papers here . He had to prove he was not guilty because he had been charged by the Police .
I have remembered some more... he was to face a Police Tribunal despite the obvious contradiction and conflict of interest .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 09:41 am
The operation to recover debris of the crashed Germanwings plane in the French Alps have ended, according to French police.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 02:41 pm
I sure do wish the people on ignore wouldn't show as the most recent poster on the New Posts menu.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 02:43 pm
@roger,
Well, otherwise I'd never noticed your post, roger Wink
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 09:59 am
Have you ever wondered why you are so important but no one else knows it ?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 10:19 am
katsung47 wrote:

I also allege Kennedy’s wife Jacqueline Kennedy .............. were murdered

That's right because non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, is the weapon of choice for assassins throughout the ages. The CIA must have forced her to smoke 60 a day for God knows how many years to carry that one off.

Nothing so sneaky about Alexander Litvinenko, now he was definitely murdered by the Russians using polonium.

America's not perfect by any means, but it's a million miles from your paymaster Putin's thuggish regime.
0 Replies