Wife converting to Catholocism

rs336

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 05:49 pm
My wife and I have been married for five soon to be six years. We both attended a Church of God church as children, but haven't practiced on a regular basis since. About a year ago my wife felt she was led to the catholic faith. I do not agree with this, but I have tried my hardest to be supportive. I have went to mass with her and have even followed the church when it comes to birth control and other issues. She is being confirmed to the Catholic Church on Easter Sunday, and just stated that she wanted to have our children baptised in the baptist church. I'm speachless, I didn't marry knowing that our different religious beleifs would ever be an issue. What should I do, I'm so conflicted. I want my children to grow up knowing God and having him in their lives, but I can't support them being in the Catholic Church if it isn't how I beleive. Please help!

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 05:57 pm
@rs336,
You two had better start talking. This looks like it's turning into a dealbreaker.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 06:44 pm
@rs336,
introduce her to the bible, that should cure it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 07:14 pm
There are many roads to the top of the mountain.

Relax.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 07:36 pm
@rs336,
rs336 wrote:
I want my children to grow up knowing God and having him in their lives, but I can't support them being in the Catholic Church if it isn't how I beleive.

Are there any real differences between the two churches? Besides minor differences in how mass is held?

Does it matter whether a boiled egg is cracked open from the narrow end or the wide end?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 09:41 pm
@rs336,
You can always do what my parents did when they disagreed about religion. Dad wanted us brought up as Catholics, mom wanted nothing to do with organized religions. Mom and dad agreed to have us go to Catechism classes to get our First Communion rite of passage. After that, we were on our own and it was up to us to choose what we wanted to do. Mom took us around to various religious ceremonies so we could experience all that was to offer in our area. Both my brother and I eventually chose to stay away from organized religions too. My brother is still religious/spiritual but doesn't attend a church, I am not.

0 Replies