Ted Cruz Boldly Declares Nation Not Deserving Of Better Candidate

djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 02:15 pm
http://o.onionstatic.com/images/28/28954/16x9/700.jpg?3498

LYNCHBURG, VA—Announcing his 2016 presidential bid before thousands of students at Liberty University, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) boldly declared Monday that the nation had done absolutely nothing to deserve a better candidate than himself. “I want you to take a good, hard look at me, America, because this is exactly what you’ve got coming,” said Cruz, adding that the country was kidding itself if it thought it was worthy of higher-quality leadership than exactly what he was prepared to offer. “Deep down, you know you’ve got no business supporting anyone else. I’m all you’re entitled to, so just give me your vote and watch what happens. You earned it.” Cruz went on to say that, in some ways, he might actually be a better candidate than the nation deserved.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ted-cruz-boldly-declares-nation-not-deserving-of-b,38279/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 02:23 pm
Hilarious . . .

He reminds me of Al Lewis . . .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/Al_Lewis_01.jpg
maxdancona

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 02:40 pm
Wasn't he born in Kenya?
djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 02:53 pm
@maxdancona,
close, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
0 Replies

nydia2013

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 03:01 pm
@Setanta,
You hit it on the button! An uncanny likeness. But "Granpa" is more likeable and funny. There ain't nuttin' funny or likeable about ted Cruz.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 03:05 pm
So, is he cleared to serve as president, "naturally born" speaking?
djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 03:11 pm
@InfraBlue,
i'm guessing he either has or had dual citizenship, his father (who was Cuban born) and his American mother were in Calgary in the 70's with an oil company (i think they owned it) and moved back to Texas when he was about 4
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 03:14 pm
@nydia2013,
nydia2013 wrote:
There ain't nuttin' funny or likeable about ted Cruz.

I think that bears repeating.
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 03:35 pm
@Setanta,
Liberty University. Do they hve a regionally accredited Biology or chemistry Dept? I know they hve no dept of geosciences (except for a single course area for geotechnical engineering)

There is an Institute for Creation SCience at Liberty. So, it seems that Teddy is certainly aligning himself with the Bobby Jingles of the political spectrum.
This connectivity asks "How smart ya gotta be to be president?"

.(I think that George W set the "terry Bradshaw bar" low enough)
maxdancona

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 03:50 pm
@nydia2013,
I think there is quite a bit that's funny about Ted Cruz. The comedians will love him.

Ted Cruz: as Hispanic as Tom Cruise.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:00 pm
@farmerman,
As far as I know, I don't think he has given up his Canadian citizenship. He can't be a US president with dual citizenship. I'd suggest he run for office in Canada, but I like the Canadians and wouldn't want him mucking up their political system. Actually the Canadians are too smart to put him in charge of anything.

If Teddy does run, will it be an insurmountable problem that his Dad was born and lived in Communist Cuba? That's actually rhetorical, if anybody remembers the love fest that occurred when Arnold Swartzenegger was elected Gov. of California, there were musing among the Conservative talking heads that perhaps the part of the Constitution stating an American President had to be native born in order to serve was passé.
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:15 pm
@glitterbag,
Now that Obma hs but 2 years or so, the "Firsters" will hut their yps if they don't want Teddy to get busted. Folks are really gullible.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:19 pm
Ted's a pussycat compared to his father. Just google that guy for something even more sickening.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:22 pm
He did give up his Canadian citizenship
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:23 pm
@farmerman,
I just looked up Ted Cruz on Google, an there is a comment from the Washington post (it was google folks, not sure if it was really WP) stating that his staff had convinced him to renounce his Canadian Citizen. OMG WHAT WAS THAT???? Oops, it was the collective sighs of relief from our friends up North.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:35 pm
@glitterbag,
I hope he gets the nod from the republicans. Than they can put Sarah Palin on the ticket to oppose Clinton.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:43 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I just looked up Ted Cruz on Google, an there is a comment from the Washington post (it was google folks, not sure if it was really WP) stating that his staff had convinced him to renounce his Canadian Citizen. OMG WHAT WAS THAT???? Oops, it was the collective sighs of relief from our friends up North.

America's reputation has gotten so bad even our dearest closest neighbor is throwing its garbage (Ted Cruz) our way.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:45 pm
Please check this out.

"Ted Cruz's Father Suggested His Son Is 'Anointed' to Bring About 'End Time Transfer of Wealth"
http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/brucewilson/ted-cruzs-father-suggested-his-son-anointed-bring-about-end-time-transfer
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:47 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/150323-official-transcript-of-ted-cruz-presidential-announcement.jpg
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 05:02 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

As far as I know, I don't think he has given up his Canadian citizenship. He can't be a US president with dual citizenship.

From the time Cruz was born he was an American. His mother was American and his father was Cuban. I read a couple of months ago that he renounced his Canadian citizenship; his papers came through and he is now an American only.
--------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/politics/ted-cruz-canada-citizenship/

It's official. Sen. Ted Cruz is now a citizen of the United States -- and the United States only.

If you remember, the Texas Republican was born in Canada to an American mother and a Cuban father. As such, he was a dual citizen -- an American because of his mother, and Canadian because the country, like America, grants automatic citizenship to anyone born there.

No harm in that, except Cruz is considered a potential candidate for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination. And when the news of his dual citizenship surfaced last year, thanks to a Dallas Morning News piece, some began to question his eligibility to become president. (In truth, that was never in jeopardy. Most legal experts said Cruz qualifies as a "natural born citizen," a requirement for the White House job, as stated in the Constitution.)

The newspaper piece came as a revelation to Cruz as well.

"Because I was a U.S. citizen at birth, because I left Calgary when I was 4 and have lived my entire life since then in the U.S., and because I have never taken affirmative steps to claim Canadian citizenship, I assumed that was the end of the matter," Cruz said at the time.

Then he took immediate steps to renounce his Canadian citizenship.

Well, that process was formally completed last month, and he received a letter in the mail this week telling him so, the newspaper reported Tuesday.