The Clintons are Learning Something

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 12:57 am
RE their charity: People and organizations are much much more likely to be punished for not doing enough than they are to be given credit for good works once they announce that they are trying to do good works. It is astonishing that they were so ignorant as to start up the foundation while they were keeping the "Hillary For President" plan alive.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,388 • Replies: 9
No top replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 01:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
I was wondering Hawk. How much do you give to charities? I'm guessing a half a buck at Christmas time. If you claim any more with the attitude you show on this site I think I would want proof.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 03:10 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I was wondering Hawk. How much do you give to charities? I'm guessing a half a buck at Christmas time. If you claim any more with the attitude you show on this site I think I would want proof.

It is about doing good works in general, not charities in particular. Look at McDonalds, who has spent most of the last 5 years trying to appease the food nazies by offering "better for you" food and advertising the efforts expecting it to pay off in sales and bolstering the brand.....did not happen, in fact the opinion about the quality of their food is actually worse now than it was 5 years ago. And all you hear from the food nazies is that they are not doing enough.
Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 03:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:

It is about doing good works in general, not charities in particular. Look at McDonalds, who has spent most of the last 5 years trying to appease the food nazies by offering "better for you" food and advertising the efforts expecting it to pay off in sales and bolstering the brand.....did not happen, in fact the opinion about the quality of their food is actually worse now than it was 5 years ago. And all you hear from the food nazies is that they are not doing enough.

"Giving feels good. It's a form of healing, not just for you as an individual, but for everyone." Jennifer Beals

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 09:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Just as I thought. The only person your worried about is old number one. Screw the rest of us. Right?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:23 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Just as I thought. The only person your worried about is old number one. Screw the rest of us. Right?

The subject of this thread is that the marketplace (to include political marketplace) tends to not reward advertised good works, even though people claim to care a lot about those good works. If this were not so Walmart would have never destroyed downtowns, just as a for instance....."We care about our town, we care about our locally owned businesses, we like having a nice downtown", as we increasingly drove to the outskirts of town to load up at Walmart.

I promise you that the Clintons expected to parlay their charity work into putting Hillary's ass in the POTUS chair. They were naive. It is a huge negative.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Ok so you wont answer my question. Maybe you will answer this question, what has Walmart got to do with Hillery and Bill other than the fact they donate money to any republican who will try to defeat them?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:39 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Ok so you wont answer my question. Maybe you will answer this question, what has Walmart got to do with Hillery and Bill other than the fact they donate money to any republican who will try to defeat them?

I already told you, people said one thing, that so and so was important to them, but when it came time to buy it was not.

Another example but in the other direction....Apple has $160 billion parked overseas because it wants to avoid paying taxes on it, and if they bring it home they cant avoid those taxes. But do people love Apple any less? I dont think so. we care about corporations paying taxes that benefit us all, we say, but we love love love apple even though they refuse to do their duty.

So, are you beginning to see why my question was not about Hawkeye, not about politics, not abut charity, but rather I was making an observation about human nature?

For a person who does as much running around claiming to be a smarty pants as you do you are all too often a dumb ass.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 10:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
BTW: does pointing out that someone is being a dumb ass get one a weeks suspension these days? Where are these rules published? After all, I would not want to deprive everyone of my wisdom.

If I violated the law please grant me a sentence reprieve , as after all it is not just to punish people on the basis of secret laws.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 05:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
For a person who does as much running around claiming to be a smarty pants as you do you are all too often a dumb ass.

As to being a dumb ass I have pointed this out multiple times on a2k so your not stating anything new. But as to me claiming I am a smarty pants could you show just where I claimed that? And I often preface many of my statements with "in my opinion" which means take it or leave it. What part of my post brought on this rant? I would like to know what it was so I could post it again.
0 Replies