The Five Funkiest Songs Of All Time, Period.

jasmine mirage

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 11:40 pm
Quote:
oops I see jasmine mentioned the Ohio Players...Love Rollercoaster hasn't got that greasy funk on it though...kinda top 40....just my opinion...

Bi-Polar....I love opinion because it makes me think and it expands my music experience. You bet I'll be checking out those Ohio Players tunes that you've mentioned. Thanks! Oh, and I'll be getting back to you once I've listened to those tracks to see if they're as greazzzzy as you say!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:37 am
Did the Ohio Players do Hot Pants? I thought that was The Godfather, exclusively.

Jasmine, did you find that Graham Central Station cut?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 11:21 am
How about "Superfly" - Curtis Mayfield? He had some good funk. The first song that came to my mind has been mentioned here more than once "Play That Funky Music" - I can't not move to that song.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 12:06 pm
Love Curtis' "Superfly" soundtrack. Also, his "Claudine" soundtrack. He had a different kind of funk. Cerebral funk. Very Happy
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 03:29 pm
That's the way I likeit-- k.c. and the Sunshine Band is my favorite, just a notch before Sex Machine by the Godfather.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 03:33 pm
Cold Sweat the udisputed champeen of funk.....the mother of funky bass lines.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 04:39 pm
I'll go with that. I'm also partial to "Talkin' Loud and Sayin' Nothin' for funk with a message.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:19 pm
cerebral funk - yeah. All I have of curtis mayfield is the double disc anthology.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:50 pm
supergrass - sometimes you make me sad
0 Replies

jasmine mirage

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 08:28 pm
Quote:
Jasmine, did you find that Graham Central Station cut?

well I went down to that there music patch, lol, and found me some of that Graham Central Station...I'm in queue for it, eoe! YAY!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 08:31 pm
two from the stranglers

peaches - nice bass line

walk on by - crazzy ass organ solo in the middle
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 08:41 pm
Can't be funkier than Isaac Hayes' "Walk On By." Another crazy ass organ solo by Ike himself.
0 Replies

FrenchLascar187

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 11:00 pm
um.... cant say alot about that whole old school funk thing, ive just discovered Parliament Funkadelic so u know... anyways, i love Maggot Brain alot, but does anyone know what Maggot Brain means?

Anyways, as for funky ass songs

-Parliament Funkadelic - Atomic Dog (sampled at least 80 times and made the funkiest rap songs out of it, just like numerous Above The Law's songs, mostly on Black Mafia Life)

-Afrika Bambaataa & The Soulsonic Force - Renegades of Funk (maybe Bam's funkiest one)

-Above The Law - ummmm.... can't pick one.... they dropped so much funky ****, like Untouchable, The Last Song, Call It What U Want, Why Must I Feel Like That, Game Wreck Oniz-Iz Game.... after all they' G-Funk Originators right?

-BG Knocc Out & Dresta - Compton Hoe (they dropped alot of funky ass **** on their Real Brothas album too)

-George Duke - Reach For It (original sample used by Spice 1 on In My Neighborhood and Westside Connection on West Up!)

There's alot of funky **** too like Das EFX, Geto Boys, Black Moon, Boogie Down Productions, NWA, even some french rap... but the topic said only 5 songs so...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 08:08 am
Afrika Bambaataa...that's a blast from the past!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:55 am
You Dropped A Bomb On Me-can't remember the artist
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:08 am
That is the Gap Band
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:11 am
Jungle Fever - The Chackachas
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 09:17 pm
Is that the song with the moaning woman?
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 09:28 pm
Family Affair - Sly and the Family Stone

Do it till your satisfied - BT Express

Fire - Ohio Players

Superfly - Curtis Mayfield

I'll be good to you - Brothers Johnson
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 02:12 pm
Did I mention Lydia Pense And Cold Blood-"Funky on My Back".? Great blue-eyed soul!
0 Replies