42 year old flame arose from the past

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:37 pm
I've been in an unhappy marriage for 14 years. Been separated 3 times and divorced once but remarried to the same man. Feeling trapped in a controlling environment , I'm so depressed and alone.
I've had my very first love on my heart for years now. So I looked for him on FB. It took 5 years to find him. But I did! We both have had those feeling for 42 years......so we wanted to see each other. When we met we couldn't take our eyes off each other. The true love is still there. I was his first lover and he mine. Now I'm so confused and my heart hurts cause I'm married and getting to old of starting over. But can I get some in put......I'm not one to mess around on my spouse, but in my heart I already have. I feel so ashamed... 😞

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:21 am
Not sure what you want, here.

You are in an unhappy marriage. Deal with that first. It's either make it work or get out. An "outside" influence should not be the main factor in whether you stay or go.

Re: your old flame. See that for what it is: blast from the past. A lot of time has gone by. He is NOT the same guy as he was all those years ago (high school) so be aware there is 42 years of "baggage" for the both of you.

You are not "too old" to start loving again. In fact, it's wonderful to be madly in love in your 60's - so don't deny yourself that. It actually energizes you!

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 11:36 am
@Sandrock1972,
deal with this

Sandrock1972 wrote:

I've been in an unhappy marriage for 14 years. Been separated 3 times and divorced once but remarried to the same man. Feeling trapped in a controlling environment , I'm so depressed and alone.

then figure out what else you want to do
0 Replies

Sandrock1972

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:20 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thank you for ur input. Really appreciate it!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 12:55 pm
@Sandrock1972,
Agreeing with Punkey and ehBeth.

The controlling business gets very old, in my opinion.
0 Replies