What good does religion offer the world today?

neologist

Thu 26 Mar, 2015 08:40 pm
@maxdancona,
But cobbly only hates straight men.
maxdancona

Thu 26 Mar, 2015 08:46 pm
@neologist,
TheCobbler also hates Catholics. I wonder if that includes gay and lesbian Catholics.
neologist

Thu 26 Mar, 2015 08:51 pm
@maxdancona,
If they are LGBT, does the church still consider them Catholic?

I haven't been in nearly 60 years. I'm kind of out of touch.
maxdancona

Thu 26 Mar, 2015 09:03 pm
@neologist,
Many gays and lesbians still consider themselves to be Catholics. I take their word for it.
neologist

Thu 26 Mar, 2015 09:21 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't consider myself homophobic, BTW. I just consider it an unhealthy life style from my training in psychology, my faith, and from what I have been able to glean from the medical profession

That being said, I find gays to be very sensitive to the feelings of others and generally creative. But I'd rather wear barbed wire underwear before encouraging any of my family members in that direction.
Kolyo

Thu 26 Mar, 2015 10:02 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

What the heck is that about???

It's satirizing the attacks on women's reproductive rights that you see everywhere these days in America.
Olivier5

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 06:09 am
@Kolyo,
Ah okay. Got me worried... ;-)

I still don't see the relevance to the thread.
Kolyo

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 06:35 am
@Olivier5,
That I can't help with. Smile
Olivier5

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 06:48 am
@Kolyo,
I know. That Cobbler character is hard to pin down.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:06 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
I don't consider myself homophobic, BTW.

But I'd rather wear barbed wire underwear before encouraging any of my family members in that direction.

Oh, I think that this statement ranks somewhere above 5 on the 1 to 10 homophobia scale.
neologist

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:21 pm
@InfraBlue,
Well, I favor no legislation to regulate gay affairs.

But if anyone tells you the LGBT lifestyle does not have intrinsic detriments, they are blowing smoke.
InfraBlue

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 04:47 pm
@neologist,
I don't know how intrinsic homophobia is to the LGBT lifestyle, but it certainly is a detriment to LGBT people.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 06:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Oh, I think that this statement ranks somewhere above 5 on the 1 to 10 homophobia scale

Yeah, Neo. Probably, like, a 12. If you don't approve of homosexuality, then you start at 10.
maxdancona

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 07:07 pm
@layman,
So person A ranks a 1
And person B ranks a 5 on the homophobia scale.

If neither of these two people disapprove of homosexuality then what is the difference between these two?

(This homophobia scale doesn't make any sense to me.)

layman

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 07:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
(This homophobia scale doesn't make any sense to me.)

I think that anyone below a 9 IS a homosexual. From there, it's probably just a matter of how "active" they are, know what I'm sayin?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 10:21 am
@maxdancona,
Neo, I don't hate straight men and Max, I don't hate Catholics.

I hate lies... you can figure that out from there.

Generally I do not think of Catholics as liars and I do not think of straight men as liars.

Some are liars and some are simply sincere about their convictions, be they true or false.

I wonder if the real blood of Jesus can easily get on one's own hands were one to accidentally spill some of that blood during the atonement process.

Is it really the blood of Jesus or the bad karma of hypocrisy?
TheCobbler

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 10:40 am
@neologist,
All lifestyles have intrinsic detriments.. it's called. "getting old", dying, memory loss, being buried in the ground (highly detrimental to life).

And not taking one's self and a pie in the sky version of God too seriously..

Then to not impose subjective detriments on some else's personal lifestyle.

Don't be a detriment to someone else's personal life.

Anti LGBT standards are wrong and there will be grace and mercy only for those who deny those homophobic, anti LGBT standards. Those who obey those homophobic anti LGBT standards will themselves in return be judged and scrutinized by those harsh and heartless standards.
neologist

Sun 29 Mar, 2015 10:50 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
. . . there will be grace and mercy only for those who deny those homophobic, anti LGBT standards. Those who obey those homophobic anti LGBT standards will themselves in return be judged and scrutinized by those harsh and heartless standards.
Tha sounds like a faith based proclamation, Cob
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 29 Mar, 2015 11:43 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Neo, I don't hate straight men and Max, I don't hate Catholics.

You sure seem to hate Catholics in many of your posts. Would you like me to post examples of things you said about Catholics that are pretty hateful?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 29 Mar, 2015 11:47 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
But I'd rather wear barbed wire underwear before encouraging any of my family members in that direction.

you think people can be encouraged to be lgbtq? or discouraged from being lgbtq?

that's a bit old wtf

who still thinks like that in the real world?