NYPD Officer Filmed Throwing Pregnant Woman to the Ground

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 11:48 am
Where will those cops stop? Killing people for no reason, battering pregnant women... What's next? Torturing babies?

Why the f..k do Americans have a right to bear arms if they don't use them when they need to?

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2014/09/nypd-pregnant-woman-video-sandra-amezquita
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,587 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 12:15 pm
@Olivier5,
While you were posting this, I was reading and posting that:

http://able2know.org/topic/261670-8#post-5908026
I know Wikipedia can be erroneous but this wash-up is eggregious.

I have to add that I recently read a non fiction book by a NYC police officer, Edward Conlan, Blue Blood, that helped me understand a lot from their side, very well written. Still, something appears rotten somewhere, and I'm not talking about Denmark.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 06:39 pm
@ossobuco,
If they feel entitled to brutalize a visibly pregnant woman because she tried to talk to them, then they will feel entitled to brutalize anybody. Combined with NSA abilities, this development is kinda scary.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 09:50 am
@ossobuco,
It doesn't really matter how many good decent police officers there are, as long as there are those who believe they're above the law, the whole force's reputation will be tarnished.
roger

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 02:51 pm
@izzythepush,
That's very true, iz, but when it happens too often, it kind of becomes a part of the departmental culture.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 02:57 pm
@roger,
Yes to that. From the Edward Conlon book, I've some sense of the NYPD not being all a group of baddies. I'm getting to wonder about Albuquerque, though.
Perhaps - and I don't know enough about this personally to make a meaningful distinction - the people at the top of the force in NY may be more tuned in, for whatever basic reasons, than those hereabouts in Abq.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 03:00 pm
@roger,
We have a similar situation with corruption in the Met. It's almost a standing joke, it doesn't matter how uncorrupt they are now they'll be associated with corruption for a long time. It doesn't help that historical abuse is coming to light. South Yorkshire police are in the spotlight right now because of their behaviour in the Hillsborough disaster. (You can google that if you want) Also there's an allegation that money intended to stop the sexual exploitation of minors had been siphoned off to reduce other crimes, like car theft and burglary.
0 Replies