I'm home alone and those neighbors won't leave me alone?

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 03:05 pm
I'm a girl I'm 16. Mom's out of state our neighbors a married couple both 40 something asked me to join them in bed I said no and the guy touched me inappropriately & the wife said that I'm "hot and fit" and when the guy went out to smoke she said that she's secretly bisexual and loved me since I was 13 it was uncomfortable. She said that she wil tell mom about me not taking my ADHD meds if I don't go visit them on school days when the bus drops me home, I don't see why! I sometimes don't go and when I don't she would increase the dosage of my meds saying that I need more meds to be less hyperactive and listen to them more I'm not 10!(increasing the dosage is allowed but only at extreme extreme situations) they did it 6 times! I told them it makes me feel sick and so sleepy(my meds always make me dizzy so taking more made me really feel like I will pass out) then she starts cuddling with me on their couch so freakin close its awkward it's like they make me sick to find an excuse to touch me. They do all this cause mom told them to take care of me and she told me I can trust them but I don't like this any of it I'm not sure I can even talk to them! Do I tell mom now or wait until she's back she'll be back next Friday? I really don't want to tell her now is there anything I can do without telling her?

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 03:08 pm
I'd be thinking about going to the police, and I'm not kidding. Is there anyone else you can stay with (not them) until your mother gets home? You need to tell her, this is serious stuff. Can you call her?
Britneyj

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 03:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes I can call her and about the police I'm afraid they won't take me seriously
ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 03:29 pm
@Britneyj,
I don't know about the police, and I likely wouldn't do that right away. It's just that that crosses my mind, and I'd keep it there as a possible recourse. I'd call your mother, definitely.
Britneyj

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 03:38 pm
@ossobuco,
And she will freak out she's already over protective since the divorce so this will make her lose her mind and I know it means that she will never leave me home alone next time cause I obviously can't handle myself
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 04:41 pm
She should not have left a 16 year old alone. Why? Because when something like this happens, most 16 year olds don't know what to do.

Most likely, she will leave you alone again, but not under the care of THOSE two nutcases.

Call her ASAP and tell her they are harassing you. Tell her to call them ASAP; they can all sort it out together when she gets home.

Stay away from those people. They are abusers.
roger

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 05:34 pm
@PUNKEY,
We are assuming Mother will believe what daughter tells them, aren't we? Not a foregone conclusion to my way of thinking.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 06:56 pm
@Britneyj,
If you mom is away, you need to prove you can handle this yourself. And though your options are few, you can show maturity by doing what is necessary to protect yourself.

I don't know what state you live in, but most places I'm aware of are particularly focused on protection of children and teenagers. If the first cop won't listen, tell your school guidance counselor. Call CPS. I'll be surprised if it takes you more than 20 minutes to get results.

'Cause if what you say is true, the last things you need to worry about are your mom and your ADHD meds.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 10:43 pm
@Britneyj,
Do you have any school girl friends you know the parents of? Telephone or visit your friend and while there, ask to speak to the parent. Tell them what you've written here and ask them to help you. They can help you by contacting your mother for you and or allowing you to stay with them until your mother returns when she can be given the whole story.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 11:11 pm
@Britneyj,
I agree that Child Protective Services or the local equivalent is the best first phone call to make. They should have someone there with lots of experience who can coach you through this. I don't think you should wait for your mother to get home. I think CPS should be your first phone call, then the cops (assuming that's the advice CPS gives you) and then your mom. Your mom may have a hard time believing that those neighbors are creeps, but CPS will be objective about it. Whatever anybody says, just stick to the truth.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 09:09 am
Not to be a naysayer but I doubt any good at all will come from getting government employees involved. You will either end up in a foster home, or prison and your neighbors will resent the harassment. You are 16 years old, time to grow up a bit and take responsibility for yourself.

First, stop the medication. Nothing productive there especially if the neighbors have upped the dosage 6 times. Sounds like they are trying to control you through drugs.
Second, stay away from them. Go to a friends house after school. Talk to your friends for advice and maybe ask your friends parents for help if you are close to any of them.
Third, Stay away from the neighbors. If they try to come into your home, tell they are not invited and if they do break in, THEN call the police and tell them you are being harassed.
Above all else, do not allow yourself to become a victim of the neighbors, the government or anyone else.
neologist

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 09:18 am
@McGentrix,
Well, I am leery of government generally; but this is one case where safety seems more important.

I am also suspicious of meds. But as I said, her major problem here is escape from predators.
0 Replies