Theory of existance

FBM

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 07:27 pm
@Krumple,
Good point about the nuclear force giving the illusion of solidity. I've read here and there that the atom is 99.9999999999999% (If I counted right, that's 13 zeros) empty (in terms of solid stuff) space. There ain't a helluva lot to anything, seems.
Krumple

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 11:59 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

Good point about the nuclear force giving the illusion of solidity. I've read here and there that the atom is 99.9999999999999% (If I counted right, that's 13 zeros) empty (in terms of solid stuff) space. There ain't a helluva lot to anything, seems.

Exactly. It becomes a numbers game at that point. When you stack a few hundred trillion tiny things together that are 0.0000000000001% you start to build a wall of this repulsive force. This is essentially why things appear to be solid.

It is mind boggling how many atoms make up the sun. You can fit a million earths inside the sun. We can barely even taken the scope of the size of the Earth let alone a million earths to fill a volume that is the sun. And our sun is not even that remarkable in size. There are stars out there that you can fit a billion of our suns inside.

That is a lot of molecules. There are 4.716278×10²⁰ molecules in an average drop of water. The numbers get crazy when you start to calculate the volume of not only our sun but the other stars out there and how many molecules that make up them. A drop of water is tiny yet has so many particles. However; if things did not have these numbers of molecules then they wouldn't actually have a strong enough repulsive force. You would essentially be able to push through everything.

now I am rambling..
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 01:03 am
@Takopai,
http://able2know.org/topic/247211-2
0 Replies

TheoryJester

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:03 pm
@Krumple,
Im still interested in your 3% Krumple ?
0 Replies

TheoryJester

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:06 pm
@Krumple,
I still interested in your 3% Krumple? My ears always pick up when I hear people give specific numbers when it comes to the Universe or Dimensions. Recently heard the number 23 get mentioned in reference to string theory. It just seems to me that numbers are nothing more than a human constitution.
Ionus

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:39 pm
There is no fuzziness to reality . What you interact with on a daily basis is reality . Atomic and sub-atomic fuzziness is the illusion .
FBM

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:57 pm
@Ionus,
I can only speak for myself, but I experience a lot of fuzziness in everyday life. Especially when I take my glasses off or try to remember people's names or figure out what I should do next. Wink
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 02:28 pm
@TheoryJester,
I still interested in your 3% Krumple?

I am referencing the make up of the universe. Matter, the stuff that is stars, dust, gas, planets, you and I constitutes only 3% of what the universe is. I refer to this as "residue". I have tried to come up with a smaller model analogy to put it into focus.

If you had a football stadium that was empty, just a volume of void, not even energy, it pretty much is nothing. However; there is a tiny speck of dust floating in this empty stadium. That is pretty much the equivalent of ALL the matter that we see, are made of and consider important. All the hydrogen and molecules are contained within that tiny spec of dust floating in this vast void.

Now not to confuse you, because space is not empty nor void. It contains energy, so I am including all this energy into that tiny speck of dust as well. So essentially matter is just soot of sorts from an event that happened. Perhaps a byproduct that results from the formation of the universe.

The problem is since we are made up of this stuff we assume that it is in some way important to the universe or that if there was a cause or purpose behind the universes formation this amount of matter seems to be inadequate for such a massive waste of space.

When we mapped the locations of the galaxies on a large scale we noticed that there are regions of space that are completely devoid of matter, they don't even contain dust or gas because the gravitational influences of the galaxies have pulled all the gas towards them leaving void pockets. These pockets of empty space are hundreds of millions of light years in diameter. Which is very difficult to fully grasp or take in.

I guess ultimately the point I am getting to is the universe is mostly nothing, absent of energy.
TheoryJester

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 04:40 am
@Krumple,
I challenge the idea that said football stadium would ever be empty, there is still matter within. Air is still matter just like space. The fact that we can move through it does not make it any less important but simply on a much smaller scale than the matter we can see.
0 Replies

33export

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 06:33 pm
@Takopai,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Frans_Hals_-_Portret_van_Ren%C3%A9_Descartes.jpg/240px-Frans_Hals_-_Portret_van_Ren%C3%A9_Descartes.jpg

Je mange, donc j'existe.
0 Replies

north

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 03:20 pm
@Takopai,
Takopai wrote:

Thanks, probably because complete nothingness can't be complete nothingness if there is no something, so something is somehow forced to exist to uphold that nothingness.

The logic of your thinking implies that nothing has a force ...
0 Replies