Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 12:44 pm
….another Letter to OpEd, Victorville, Ca Daily News

In "Major survey shows gun ownership on the decline" March 10, "...paralleled by a reduction in the number of Americans who hunt." Well hooray, we're all beginning to think!

....while it took us only two million years....

The idea of going out in the boondocks to shoot a beautiful, innocent deer has always appalled me, the act of a cruel moron, especially when it's done for fun with a chance of escape with painful wound (deer not hunter, who might however deserve it). Though in this day and age I can endorse thinning overpop by less barbarous means, the decision as to which and how does present a conundrum; so don't ask why I so relish my fried shrimp.

....but also my morning bacon, another matter altogether. Porky being one of the most friendly creatures, with an intelligence comparing to a 3-year-old humanoid, [risking much the same observation of an earlier LETTER] why, I once more inquire, is it okay to hang him upside down and slit his throat so he bleeds to death before chopping him up for food?

Indeed then, I ask your typical LETTERS respondent, why isn't it okay to eat the 3-year-old humanoid? What does your Bible say?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,341 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 01:10 pm
@dalehileman,

PS: Only slightly OT but wouldn't the same gun logic apply in cases like "Who was Tony Robertson?" same day? Of course he was a bit obstreperous but still, couldn't he have been put down by a stun gun or the like? Here we are in an era when ho-hum today a new space station; so, guys, do you really have to use a bullet?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=mankind%27s+greatest+accomplishments
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 01:17 pm
@dalehileman,
You look pretty lonely in this thread Dale. Mind me. Just wandering through. I found a short cut to the front of the line.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 01:23 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
….another Letter to OpEd, Victorville, Ca Daily News

In "Major survey shows gun ownership on the decline" March 10, "...paralleled by a reduction in the number of Americans who hunt." Well hooray, we're all beginning to think!

....while it took us only two million years....
Actually old man, we ain't been on the revolving orb that long a time.
Other than that, where is this survey? Was it real or was it just a dream brought on by your recently expired meds?
Quote:
The idea of going out in the boondocks to shoot a beautiful, innocent deer has always appalled me, the act of a cruel moron, especially when it's done for fun with a chance of escape with painful wound (deer not hunter, who might however deserve it). Though in this day and age I can endorse thinning overpop by less barbarous means, the decision as to which and how does present a conundrum; so don't ask why I so relish my fried shrimp.

As you state, mankind and womankind and otherkind have been heading out for years to end the life of deer and other creatures and some of it is clearly to thin the herds.

If not for the deer hunters, squirrel hunters, 'possum hunters and the sort, you'd never be able to maneuver your gas guzzler or bicycle down the gravel road.

People fish so you won't have to worry about getting your dinghy out in the ocean. They hunt birds so your lawn and rooftop may remain cleaner and the spring mating calls don't make you go completely mad.
And why exactly do you like relish on your shrimp?

Quote:
....but also my morning bacon, another matter altogether. Porky being one of the most friendly creatures, with an intelligence comparing to a 3-year-old humanoid, [risking much the same observation of an earlier LETTER] why, I once more inquire, is it okay to hang him upside down and slit his throat so he bleeds to death before chopping him up for food?

Indeed then, I ask your typical LETTERS respondent, why isn't it okay to eat the 3-year-old humanoid? What does your Bible say?

Because bacon is tasty and goes well with most anything, including lettuce and tomato and around a meatloaf, and yes, even draped ever so thoughtfully and gracefully across a pork chop. Why argue with perfection? Has it occurred to you that the pig comes into the world knowing its endgame? It may well be that the sweet (and delicious, I must add) creature is aware that it is to be a part of a meal, sustenance that is, for another, be it human or some other creature of the land and the pig is willing to give this treat to others.

What does my bible say? The Jewish version told me I shouldn't eat of the pig, fortunately my Methodist bible insisted upon it. It was therefore my duty to by a large bag of pork rinds and a bottle of Dr.Pepper (the original, when it came in a glass bottle) and head down to the railroad tracks and meditate for a few hours. If not for the pig and their sacrifice, I'd be stressed out. Thank the pig, it will make you feel better.

dalehileman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 02:00 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Actually old man, we ain't been on the revolving orb that long a time
Well then Stur, 340,000 years

Quote:
where is this survey?
Dunno. One of the drawbacks of the typical news story, but if you need to know I can dig it up. Have pretty good relationship with the Daily Press' OpEds who sometimes fill in such details if I ask

Quote:
If not for the deer hunters, squirrel hunters, 'possum hunters and the sort, you'd never be able to maneuver your gas guzzler or bicycle down the gravel road
I remember having suggested an alternate method, or am I thinking of a different thread

Quote:
People fish so you won't have to worry about getting your dinghy out in the ocean
However I've red that some fishermen who care, bang the creature's head so death is instantaneous

Quote:
And why exactly do you like relish on your shrimp
No no Stur, sorry, I forget many of us are esl. "Relish" means to like

Quote:
If not for the pig and their sacrifice
Stur again made my day
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 05:54 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Other than that, where is this survey? Was it real or was it just a dream brought on by your recently expired meds?

Share of Homes With Guns Shows 4-Decade Decline
neologist

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 06:26 pm
When I work a gun show, the lines at 9 Am usually run around the block and the tables, sometimes 500+, are always full.
I don't sell guns, just survival equipment. But if you happen to own some of these gun show venues, you can be rich as Croesus.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 06:34 pm
@mesquite,
Hi Skeeter;
Welcome back.
0 Replies