Pleasure is the only profound, good, and transcending experience in life

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 10:26 am
I am the "high" type of person who needs and relies on profound feelings of pleasure to make me and my life good and worth living. I am the type of person who transcends in life through human life force (pleasure). I experience very profound feelings of transcendence through my pleasure. I do not experience any sense of transcendence or anything of the sort whatsoever from my thoughts, intelligence, and creativity alone without my pleasure. These things are all nothing more than just neutral conscious experiences that are nothing good or profound as I've said before. They are all neutral in of themselves and it has nothing to do with us attributing any neutral value or any other value to them. So I am the transcending life-embracing type of person. This makes me a more profound, great, and innocent person since I am more of a human being. I am not and will never be the type of person who is the opposite who is content living life like a job with little to no feelings of pleasure in their lives. Being such a person would make me utterly inferior since I would no longer be this transcending god-like type of person. I would no longer be anything profound, great, or innocent. I would be "low-key" for staying in a low neutral state without my pleasure and being fine and content with that. I would be low (lesser of a human being) and would be an inferior human being who is nothing good at all with a life that is nothing good at all either. Only being "high" makes me the truly great and ultimate human being who would be the greatest person with a great life. If I can't get these transcending feelings of pleasure in my life, then I die. If my pleasure goes, then I go with it. I won't have it any other way.

Now there are people who say that you can have a transcending experience in life through your personality, intelligence, creativity, etc. alone without your pleasure. But this is false. These people are only attributing good value to those neutral things when they are all just neutral. There is a difference between our thoughts and such having good and profound meaning as opposed to them being good and profound conscious experiences. They may have good and profound meaning, but they are not profound good conscious experiences. They are, therefore, all good and bad in a neutral (fake) sense and are all neutral conscious experiences as I've stated before. Therefore, there is nothing transcending about our thoughts and such alone without our pleasure. So this is the reason why pleasure is the only truly good thing in life, suffering is the only truly bad thing in life, while everything else in life is neutral (neither truly good or bad). Again, everything else in life besides our own pleasure and suffering is all neutral and it has nothing to do with us attributing neutral value or any other value to those things. Even if you were to tell me right now that I would be an immortal god-like being by tomorrow who is free of suffering and can live an eternal life of bliss, I would view that as being the greatest moment of my life. I would view that as something god-like and I would have a thought of transcendence regarding myself. However, that would just be a thought of transcendence. It is not a transcending conscious experience. Only my pleasure can give me a transcending conscious experience. Only pleasure is the truly good profound experience in life since it feels good. Again, pleasure is all good feelings including love and motivation. I have completely lost all good feelings. I am not and will never be the type of person who just "lives life" like some job as I've said before. I am better than that and I am greater and more profound than that. I live life to experience it. I live life to have the only good, profound, and transcending experience there is in life which would be my pleasure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,964 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 12:00 am
@MozartLink,
MozartLink wrote:

I am the "high" type of person who needs and relies on profound feelings of pleasure to make me and my life good and worth living. I am the type of person who transcends in life through human life force (pleasure). I experience very profound feelings of transcendence through my pleasure. I do not experience any sense of transcendence or anything of the sort whatsoever from my thoughts, intelligence, and creativity alone without my pleasure. These things are all nothing more than just neutral conscious experiences that are nothing good or profound as I've said before. They are all neutral in of themselves and it has nothing to do with us attributing any neutral value or any other value to them. So I am the transcending life-embracing type of person. This makes me a more profound, great, and innocent person since I am more of a human being. I am not and will never be the type of person who is the opposite who is content living life like a job with little to no feelings of pleasure in their lives. Being such a person would make me utterly inferior since I would no longer be this transcending god-like type of person. I would no longer be anything profound, great, or innocent. I would be "low-key" for staying in a low neutral state without my pleasure and being fine and content with that. I would be low (lesser of a human being) and would be an inferior human being who is nothing good at all with a life that is nothing good at all either. Only being "high" makes me the truly great and ultimate human being who would be the greatest person with a great life. If I can't get these transcending feelings of pleasure in my life, then I die. If my pleasure goes, then I go with it. I won't have it any other way.

Now there are people who say that you can have a transcending experience in life through your personality, intelligence, creativity, etc. alone without your pleasure. But this is false. These people are only attributing good value to those neutral things when they are all just neutral. There is a difference between our thoughts and such having good and profound meaning as opposed to them being good and profound conscious experiences. They may have good and profound meaning, but they are not profound good conscious experiences. They are, therefore, all good and bad in a neutral (fake) sense and are all neutral conscious experiences as I've stated before. Therefore, there is nothing transcending about our thoughts and such alone without our pleasure. So this is the reason why pleasure is the only truly good thing in life, suffering is the only truly bad thing in life, while everything else in life is neutral (neither truly good or bad). Again, everything else in life besides our own pleasure and suffering is all neutral and it has nothing to do with us attributing neutral value or any other value to those things. Even if you were to tell me right now that I would be an immortal god-like being by tomorrow who is free of suffering and can live an eternal life of bliss, I would view that as being the greatest moment of my life. I would view that as something god-like and I would have a thought of transcendence regarding myself. However, that would just be a thought of transcendence. It is not a transcending conscious experience. Only my pleasure can give me a transcending conscious experience. Only pleasure is the truly good profound experience in life since it feels good. Again, pleasure is all good feelings including love and motivation. I have completely lost all good feelings. I am not and will never be the type of person who just "lives life" like some job as I've said before. I am better than that and I am greater and more profound than that. I live life to experience it. I live life to have the only good, profound, and transcending experience there is in life which would be my pleasure.

Although this response is not completely opposed to your idea here I wanted to add a few aspects to it.

I think one of the major resistance to this idea comes from christianity itself. That if you are putting your own pleasure above god then you are in some way in the wrong. They call this carnality where you base your morals and actions on acquiring pleasure of the body ie. flesh as being the ultimate.

I do agree with you that pleasure is a great motivational "force". Many things in society are built around acquiring it. And at the same time it seems the happier a person is the more likely they are to either easily obtain pleasure or can do so readily.

In Buddhism the Buddha has also determined that we are pleasure seekers and pain avoiders. However; he even took it another step and said pleasure seekers will only find transitory pleasure. This means that it doesn't last and at the same time it has consequences. The consequences is something you completely left out of your explanation. They are real yet often glossed over because pleasure trumps cost. I am not speaking of just a financial cost. There is the impact physically and on society when acquiring pleasure.

Also if something is preventing you from acquiring pleasure it can become a source of pain, annoyance, frustration which can lead to attempts to get rid of the offending object, person or concept.

On a side note, never take heroin.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 08:38 am
At what stage of evolution do you see this pleasure principle start to apply?
Krumple

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 10:12 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

At what stage of evolution do you see this pleasure principle start to apply?

At least when animals began to arise. But perhaps it could have existed before the arising of animals in some forms.
JLNobody

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 06:03 pm
I'm all for pleasure, but I don't count on it. I DO count on equanimity for a generalized sense of wellbeing.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:44 pm
@Krumple,
I'm wondering if that can be used to distinguish higher life forms . Is it a soul ? How are we different from other animals then ?
Krumple

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 12:47 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I'm wondering if that can be used to distinguish higher life forms . Is it a soul ? How are we different from other animals then ?

The only real difference we have when compared to other animals is a higher sense of self awareness. Now some other primates exhibit a bit of self awareness. But we seem to be on a whole different level than other primates.

I really don't believe in a soul, or some thing that is separate from the body or can out live the body. Our neuron pathways are a little more complex which has allowed us to be creative problem solvers. In other words we are monkeys who learned that tools can make life a little easier.

When we utilized tools for acquiring food we developed a much richer diet and it was probably this diet that allowed the brain to develop over time. As you pass down knowledge the next generation seems to improve just a little because they are building on the past lessons. This has been happening for hundreds of thousands of years.
Ionus

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 03:16 am
@Krumple,
Going by the title, pleasure is transcending ...doesnt that mean if an animal experiences pleasure it is transcending the same as humans ? Of course the title doesnt say transcending what...I have used the following definition .

tran·scend
tran(t)ˈsend/, verb, gerund or present participle: transcending

be or go beyond the range or limits of (something abstract, typically a conceptual field or division).
0 Replies