how to apologise to a teacher

aliisha

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 12:14 pm
So my teacher was very kind, dedicated and she used to praise me and give my example to other students to work hard. But i felt that she wasn't doing enough as she never gave me written answers and one day i left her tution without informing her. Looking back now I feel that i betrayed her. She trusted me and motivated me but i betrayed her. I regreted my decision but never had the courage to apologise to her .I want to apologise to her over sms. Please tell me what should i write?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,650 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 12:24 pm
@aliisha,
How long ago is this?

Also, ditch the SMS. Use paper and a pen, stamps and all of that and write her a letter in care of the school. She will be a lot more touched by that kind of effort than by a quickie apology you toss off using SMS.
aliisha

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 12:39 pm
@jespah,
It has been 4 years and i dont remember her address plus i dont want to send a letter in school address.
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 12:48 pm
@aliisha,
Why not?

All you have to do is write "Personal" on the lower left of the envelope, and no one will open it.
aliisha

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 12:57 pm
@chai2,
Please tell me what should be the content of my letter. I mean what should i exactly write ?
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 01:02 pm
@aliisha,
How about...

aliisha wrote:

You were very kind, dedicated and used to praise me and give my example to other students to work hard. Looking back now I feel that i betrayed you. You trusted me and motivated me but i betrayed you. I regreted my decision but never had the courage to apologise to you .I want to apologise to you.

Ragman

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 01:02 pm
@aliisha,
nothing. it was too long ago.

Also what does the following mean:
Quote:
one day i left her tution without informing her.
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 01:06 pm
@Ragman,
Can't say that I agree ragman.

It was apparantly do the OP a lot of good, giving her closure.

As for the person getting the letter, it certainly won't hurt her.

If the teacher was hurt, she now has an apology, if she wasn't hurt, doesn't even remember the situation, or see the situation in a negative way, she now has the pleasure of knowing someone thought enough of her to make up for something.

If I got a letter like that, I would think "There's still people around who think of the feelings of others"
0 Replies

aliisha

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 01:14 pm
@chai2,
you mean write it in my own words? right?
aliisha

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 01:15 pm
@Ragman,
i know but its never too late to apologise
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 01:17 pm
@aliisha,
aliisha wrote:

you mean write it in my own words? right?

I mean what you already said to us here is a very good apology, if you just address it to her, and not us.

Seems to me you already have it all written out.
aliisha

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 01:19 pm
@chai2,
thanks a lot
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » how to apologise to a teacher
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 02:33:54