Creative Genius Driven By Distraction

Chumly

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 11:02 pm
Quote:
The literary great Marcel Proust wore ear-stoppers because he was unable to filter out irrelevant noise -- and lined his bedroom with cork to attenuate sound. Now new research suggests why the inability to shut out competing sensory information while focusing on the creative project at hand might have been so acute for geniuses such as Proust, Franz Kafka, Charles Darwin, Anton Chekhov and many others.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150303153222.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 445 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 11:07 pm
@Chumly,
I can unequivocally attest to the full veracity of the conclusions offered by this research that creativity is linked to the inability to filter irrelevant sensory information.

For example, my wife's daily requests to take out the garbage and put the dishes in the dishwasher have clearly prohibited me from accessing the creativity needed to complete my musical masterpieces.

Thus I toil in artistically frustrated obscurity like so many of us married men here on this enlightened forum, and I for one need to be exempted from the irrelevant sensory information of my wife's daily reminders to reach my true creative potential.
roger

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 11:29 pm
@Chumly,
I think you should sue her for destruction of creative drive, I do.
Chumly

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 11:44 pm
@roger,
I would but she prefers a standard, so there is no drive at all (or at least none left).
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 12:36 am
I had a creative drive once. Nearly went off the road and into a ditch.
roger

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 12:54 am
@Lordyaswas,
What a coincidence. I have spells of creative spelling.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Creative Genius Driven By Distraction
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:53:10