Great new idea

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:11 am
If you're not too fussy and in a hurry, cold water on instant, then microwave 2 min

http://able2know.org/topic/268710-1

Yes, but wouldn't it be great if you could buy instant already sweetened and with dry creamer…

I tried Googling the notion without much luck

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=instant+coffee+already+sweetened+dry+milk

I'm supposing there might not be such a thing on account of so many varying tastes but don't you think it's a great idea

Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:22 am
@dalehileman,
Dry creamer?...a sacrilege.

Instant coffee? Yikes! A shondeh!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:51 am
Yuk, or as you Americans tend to say.....bleach, or words to that effect.

My kettle only takes about a minute to boil just over a cup's worth of water, in the awful event that only instant coffee may be had.

Much better to have good quality fresh coffee....black....no sugar. Keep to this regime for a week and you will never sweeten again, as your newly educated tastebuds will want to spit out anything with a hint of sweet.

I used to have FOUR friggin teaspoons in my coffee, until about 1980.

6 cups a day, four spoons a cup, thirty five years.....I wonder how many spoons full that equates to?

First one to correctly answer gets a whole satsuma in their pillowcase at Christmas.
chai2

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:52 am
@Lordyaswas,
To me, putting anything is coffee is a hanging offense.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:54 am
@chai2,
There's an Austinian after my own heart.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 11:13 am
@Lordyaswas,
Code:Americans tend to say.....bleach

That'd be Blech ... sounds like Yeccch.

Pronounced just like guttural 'ch' sound in Chanukah..and Charoset (Passover tasty side dish made of apples, dates and cinnamon).
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 05:10 pm
@dalehileman,
Dale, you can make your own. Get a container, pour your powdered coffee into it, add an amount of dairy creamer or powdered milk, add an amount of sugar or other powdered sweetener. Cover container and shake to blend. If powder is not fine enough for a lump-free mix with water, put in a blender to grind into a finer powder.

In the morning, microwave your hot water and then add a spoonful of your coffee mixture to it.

Adjust your formulas and serving sizes until it is to your liking.

I do this for my protein powder drinks and don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for your morning coffee. Only difference is I use protein powder instead of instant coffee.
roger

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 05:20 pm
@Lordyaswas,

Lordyaswas wrote:

Much better to have good quality fresh coffee....black....no sugar. Keep to this regime for a week and you will never sweeten again, as your newly educated tastebuds will want to spit out anything with a hint of sweet.

This kind of reminds me of why and when I started drinking coffee. I was working in a poorly ventilated machine shop in Tulsa. The humidity was ~ 100 and so was the temperature. My only source of hydration was canned Coke. I started with unsweetened coffee for no reason except to get away the cloying sweetness. Been drinking the stuff straight up ever since, and have about three soft drinks per year.
neologist

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 06:00 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
I used to have FOUR friggin teaspoons in my coffee, until about 1980. . . 6 cups a day, four spoons a cup, thirty five years.....I wonder how many spoons full that equates to?
My Gawd! How old are you?
neologist

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 06:03 pm
@Butrflynet,
Your recipe, blended with ice, gives a result similar to frappacino
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 06:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Dale, you can make your own. Get a container, pour your powdered coffee into it, add…... and shake to blend….then add a spoonful of your coffee mixture
Yes indeed But, that's the way it's done. And if you add the water last you can avoid having to stir it much. However my suggestion was it be sold that way, already mixed. One would simply add water and uWave

Quote:
Adjust your formulas and serving sizes until it is to your liking.
Precisely why my notion will never be realized
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:04 pm
@neologist,
Younger than me, sunshine..
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:34 pm
@dalehileman,
Who would want to drink that chemical sauce?
Let me answer that too: No one in their right mind!!!

I think you don't even know what a good cup of coffee tastes like, otherwise
you'd never even suggest such nonsense.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:05 pm
@neologist,
Pourquoi?

1980 was 35 years ago, no?

35×365×6×4=

306,600 spoons of sugar that I would have consumed, had I not kicked the habit.

Now all I have to do is stop having a twickers bar with each cup.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:08 pm
@roger,
It depends on my mode of transport Roger, but I reckon that I'm about twenty four hours from Tulsa.

I think they should make a song about that.
neologist

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 01:08 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lesseee!
You used sugar for 35 years until 1980. At least that's what I surmised from your post. Right?
That means you started using sugar in 1945.
Assuming you were about 12 years old at the time; that would make you older than CI; older maybe than dale.
Older maybe than all of us. . .
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 01:26 am
@neologist,
No, I haven't used sugar since 1980.

Consequently, I have not consumed the aforementioned half a ton of sugar between then and now, which equates to 35 years worth.
Ragman

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 06:17 am
@neologist,
who cares?
chai2

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 08:01 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

It depends on my mode of transport Roger, but I reckon that I'm about twenty four hours from Tulsa.

I think they should make a song about that.

They did.

Well, sorta.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 08:18 am
@Lordyaswas,
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Great new idea
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 09:17:28