Does she want an affair?

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 08:22 am
I need to know if my girlfriends best friend wants to have an affair with me. She is married but her husband is always away on business. I have known her for over ten years and we have had flings before (before marriage). Recently I have been finding myself really attracted to her and I think the feelings are mutual. I do not want to jump to conclusions and ruin the whole thing or go to fast and scare her out of it. Here are some text we sent to each other a few days ago ( her name is Kate, my girlfriends name is Amy) :
Her: I got home safe
Me: Awesome! I was worried I would never get to see you again
Her: Yeah ok lol. U guys know ur life's would be dull without me!
Me: I hate to admit it but your right. I love me some Kate, I don't know what I would do!
Her: Hurray! Nice to know :-) I know Amy would lose her **** lol
Me: Probably lol... I will just have to keep it a secret
Her: Cool beans :-X lol I'm going to bed. Work boo! U stop procrastinating and finish that paper :-)
Me: As a matter of fact I just finished...now I must finish this bottle of wine... Good night Kate. Hope work goes good for you tomorrow! See you soon
Her: That's good. Have fun with that wine! Thanks and good night to u too
Me: Oh you know it Wink good night

If something is there, then how do I slowly move things forward?
Its been a few days since this conversation and I want to text her again but I am not sure if I should so soon.

Any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 2,151 • Replies: 6

jespah

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 08:47 am
@skinnyjj,
Ask Amy how she'd proceed. Or Kate's husband. I'm sure they've both got some excellent ideas about what you can do, and where you can go.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 08:56 am
@skinnyjj,
First, there is nothing there that indicates she would want to cheat on her husband with you. You are fantasizing.

Secondly, I agree with Jespah. Talk to your wife and see if she could suggest how to proceed. Or hey, how about you give me your wife's email address. I'm sure she would like to know that her husband is a shitty person.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 08:57 am
@skinnyjj,
Why not focus on what's missing from your own marriage ... instead of acting on fantasies about someone who has far too much to risk as well?

Let's just say hypothetically you're to act on your fantasies and your respective partner found out. You'd both lose a lot - and for what ends? Just to respond to some idle fantasy. How hurt would your partners be?

Ever hear of an individual's responsibility? Marriage vows are not just an inconvenience.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 09:36 am
Ahhh...just do whatever you want. Whatever you think will feel best.

I mean...what could possibly go wrong!
Eliusa

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 06:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
At 12 nothing. Lol
and no one wants to work on marriage. People want other people.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 05:22 pm
@skinnyjj,
Think carefully both of you.

What occurred before Kate got married, occurred. Sure, it sounds as if she is flirting back with you but her Husband probably brings home a lot of bacon to be away on business so much and trusts his wife and you are using that excuse as to why you should have an affair. "He's not there" so it's easy plus you only have a girlfriend so that makes it "easy" assuming Amy doesn't live with you.

This is "Your" girlfriends "best friend" if it doesn't bother you that you will break that friendship up, let alone your own relationship, time to pull your head out of the toilet or put it in there because that's the most selfish thing I have ever heard of.

Poor Amy.
Poor Katie's Husband.

0 Replies