Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 12:59 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
So does Agua! Agua!

Or

Cabestro! Cabestro!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 01:05 pm
I figured a long time ago that most of what they tell you to eat or not to eat is based on how it affects their profits. I make my decisions based on what I feel is best for my age and condition.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 03:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

what brands of sunflower oil are there?

were almost out of lard

I generally get mine under the Kroeger brand.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 03:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Lower case 'i' is easily confused with an 'l'.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 04:12 pm
I'm steamed. I need some time to think.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:58 am
OK, this is it!

From now on...

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F31iag390PpL.jpg&f=1

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 01:09 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Interesting that Anthony Bourdain and his bevy of world famous chefs all seem to prefer cooking/frying with olive oil.

Mostly at lower temps, I think.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 03:10 pm
@neologist,
frying with olive oil (especially EVOO) requires a loooow temp. I often fry things using a induction frytop. The temps are EXACT and don't vary by more than 10degrees F. That's why OO is bad for frying in a normal cooktop. The temps vary so much (even with an electric frytop)
0 Replies

Williana

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 03:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well we live in Brazil last 40 years. Can not believe I am Reading this, almost seems as a joke. In the US this problem?

Here they have "oil" that looks like in the bottle or can of olive oil and you must read the label. With its ever so increasing price here,. companies mix 40% olive oil with 60% soy oil. They have to state it on the container, as if caught, fines of 100s thousands of dollars and put out of business. Olive oil in Brazil is probably all imported. The government checks quality often, and most time is not at the proper weight/volume if any issues.

Here, we all know olive oil is so good for you, but of course, you can not drink it unless you really want to gain weight. Maybe this is why our daughters Always ask us to take up some when we go to the states.
0 Replies