Islam Can Not be Trusted wth Historical Treasure

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 06:01 pm
ISIS destroys or sells everthing they can find
Iraq national stashes were after 9/11 destroyed or sold
Afghanistan treasures were as well, incluning blowing up some very old monuments

Looks to me like it was a very good thing that western invaders carted away a bunch of the stash for safe keeping.

Discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 10,343 • Replies: 252

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 07:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
The first time I ever heard of the Taliban was when reading "Art News". It reminded me a lot of how Christians behaved during the Iconoclastic Controversy.

Considering how much Islamic art still exists, I think they can be trusted with their own treasures.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 07:29 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
Considering how much Islamic art still exists,

What art? If you are speaking of their architecture they stole that too.

But, by all means, show us some paintings and poetry that has Islams blessings. And is by Muslims.
boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 07:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Islamic sculpture: https://www.google.com/search?q=islamic+art&biw=1280&bih=503&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ySXtVP_pA5fVoAT6vIDgAg&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=islamic+sculpture

Islamic painting: https://www.google.com/search?q=islamic+art&biw=1280&bih=503&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ySXtVP_pA5fVoAT6vIDgAg&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=islamic+painting

Islamic mosaics: https://www.google.com/search?q=islamic+art&biw=1280&bih=503&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ySXtVP_pA5fVoAT6vIDgAg&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=islamic+mosaics

Islamic manuscripts: https://www.google.com/search?q=islamic+art&biw=1280&bih=503&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ySXtVP_pA5fVoAT6vIDgAg&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=islamic+manuscripts

Shall I go on?
coldjoint

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 07:42 pm
@boomerang,
I see no proof of the artists being Islamic or if these pieces are in Muslim lands.

So please name one artist.
boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 07:59 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm sure you know how to use Google. It isn't hard.
BillRM

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 08:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
You do know that the Muslim areas of the world was one of the store houses of human knowledge during the dark age in Europe?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 02:28 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You do know that the Muslim areas of the world was one of the store houses of human knowledge during the dark age in Europe?

It was the Islamic imperialism that caused the Dark Ages.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 02:31 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
I'm sure you know how to use Google. It isn't hard.

I bet you do too. Try finding any Islamic scripture that supports arts and sciences outside of what is in the Koran.

And remember in the Koran the sun sets in a muddy pool at night.

I'll wait.
timur

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 02:32 pm
Coldjoint wrote:

You cannot help yourself from making up crap?

What a hateful piece of crap you are!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 02:54 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Coldjoint wrote:

What a hateful piece of crap you are!
The interesting thing is that the "Dark Ages" is the period of the cultural and economic deterioration that supposedly occurred in Western Europe following the decline of the Roman Empire, "characterized by a relative scarcity of historical and other written records at least for some areas of Europe, rendering it obscure to historians".

That's the reason for the name. (And additionally, because life became nasty, brutish and short.)

However, the end of the Roman Empire was a major event in human history.
timur

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Such details never prevented Coldjoint from posting his crap..
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:09 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Such details never prevented Coldjoint from posting his crap..
I know.
When I studied history 40 years ago, generally it was taught that this period was 'dark' due to the lack of written sources.
Nowadays, the "Dark Ages" are seen by most historians as a necessary evil. The Roman Empire had to fall and the following period had to exist to finally bring more liberty, to become a world which valued all human beings more equally.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:16 pm
@timur,
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
However when we get to the early 700’s AD life begins to change drastically: coinage disappears, artisans are forced to give up their trades and go back to living on the land, books disappear, schools close, the roads and aqueducts and other infrastructure are no longer maintained and the standard of living throughout the Roman world begins to decline sharply.

What happened? The answer is quite simple. This was when the Islamic armies began their war against the West. Starting in the late 600’s AD these armies invaded Egypt, North Africa and the old Fertile Crescent area. With them they not only brought Islam they also brought practices, which resulted in economic catastrophe for the entire region from which it has never recovered even to this day.The Coming of the Dark Ages

I did not make anything up Blowhole.http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/kickass.gif

http://www.idscience.org/2007/07/28/islam-the-real-cause-of-the-dark-ages/
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:18 pm
@timur,
Quote:
Such details never prevented Coldjoint from posting his crap

Revisionist history from the likes of you and Wally does not interest me.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:21 pm
Quote:
Quote:
Islam caused the Dark Ages - The argument for it.

Emmet Scott revives an overlooked book by Pirenne to argue that Islam in effect caused the Dark Ages. The barbarians who had arrived earlier didn't try to erase the Greco-Roman culture, they had hung onto it. On the emergence of militant Islam, the "Middle Sea" changed from a highway of trade to a battleground. By the mid seventh century, luxury goods and the classical culture infrastructure disappeared around the Mediterranean. Soil erosion (as farms were abandoned near the coast) and castles came into prominence and the Roman emperor stopped having his face on coinage after 640 AD. This story runs against the prevailing wisdom but has supporting facts. By the year 1000, it's true that Europeans were going to Islamic lands to acquire preserved knowledge but before that, Islam suppressed more than it preserved. A detailed review of Emmet Scott's book, "Mohammed and Charlegmagne Revisited" and Amazon.com where a couple chapters can be freely read.

http://metanoodle.blogspot.com/2012/01/islam-caused-dark-ages.html
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:23 pm
@coldjoint,
What timur said ...

I really think, coldjoint, you should read a bit about the history of e.g. manuscript culture and/or media genealogy in Europe.
timur

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:23 pm
Coldjoint wrote:
I did not make anything up

Yes, you are making up stuff, you dolt.

I could tell you about the flowering arts of Islamic countries during the Dark Ages but I'm not interested in educating such a racist bigot..
boomerang

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:26 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Try finding any Islamic scripture that supports arts and sciences outside of what is in the Koran.

Isn't that like asking me to find Christian scripture outside of what is in the Bible? I'm not sure what you're asking me to find.

The Koran has very little to say about art.

Muslims believe God should be worshiped directly, without the use of icons which is why it reminded me of the Iconoclastic Controversy.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:29 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:
I could tell you about the flowering arts of Islamic countries during the Dark Ages but I'm not interested in educating such a racist bigot..
Actually, in what is known as 'Hispania' (Iberian Peninsula), there weren't no 'dark ages' during the Umayyad Caliphats - they started with the Christian Reconquista.
0 Replies