Is she really worth it?

becurse

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 06:18 pm
Me and this girl have been talking since just before Christmas. I asked her out and she said yes but has cancelled twice. I asked her if she doesn't want to just tell me and I will understand. She said she does but feels like it is forced because we hardly know each other. She said she doesn't mean to be messing around but it seems like that to me. I like the girl but I don't really know if she is worth all the effort.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,105 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 06:33 pm
@becurse,
Worth all the effort?

seems like she is messing around?

She was honest in saying meeting seemed forced.

I see her point.

My own first date - I was twelve, involved the fellow coming to my house and our walking to the bus stop to go see a movie. On the way to the bus stop, I asked him things I'd thought of to start a conversation. One of them was whether he was going out for basketball (even I played some basketball), but, nuts, he was short, a matter that didn't occur to me. I happen not to mind short. We caught the bus, saw the movie, and had no more conversation until he walked me to our door and I said 'thank you very much'.

I tell this to say, things will get better.
becurse

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 06:45 pm
@ossobuco,
When I asked her if she wanted to grab a coffee she seemed keen on doing that then she cancels but says she would still like to hang out. She says that we hardly know each other but the only way we can get to know each other is to see each other. She is really confusing me and I don't really know what to do.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 06:50 pm
@becurse,
Ok, she has her own worries about meeting.

I think I don't see you as pushy. Give it a rest, meaning don't ignore her, but don't chase.

Is this online or 'real world'?
becurse

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 06:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah I think I'm gonna slow down a bit, the last thing I said was that we'll have to work something out about meeting up. She said yeah that sounds good so I'll wait a bit. We both go to the same college so we see each other around but don't speak too much because we hardly see each other. I've mostly spoke over text.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 07:02 pm
@becurse,
are there ever times when you're on campus at the same time? maybe a quick coffee between classes would be an ease in?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 07:06 pm
@becurse,
I've told another story here re my past, that when I guy asked me to go to a concert, my contact lens went off center. That might have even been a good thing.

This is a volatile time in life, beginning to 'date', beginning friendships, beginning lives. Enjoy it.
0 Replies

becurse

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 07:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah I'm pretty sure we are, I don't see no harm is asking her if she would like to do that but I dunno whether to wait a few days then ask. It literally seems like we have re-arranged plans so much lately so I might wait a bit.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 07:12 pm
@becurse,
oh yeah - wait a bit to ask but make it a bit light-hearted, not necessarily the beginning of something

hey K, I'll be on campus Thursday afternoon - want to grab a cup of coffee before the weekend?

something as simple as that ^ might feel less like two people trying to set up something meaningful
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is she really worth it?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:02:09