Do We Want to Talk About Walker Waging War on UW?

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:24 pm
Why, and will it work?

I was reading deep analysis that Walker is in the act of pinching the Left, trying to provoke them and beating them again thus boosting his exalted status yet again in the eyes of a huge chunk of Americans. In this view UW is nothing more than a target of opportunity.

But education? Again? Our universities are massively overbuilt, they suck up way too much money, they do generally poor work, and the feminists have set up their political base there and they need to be eradicated.....but is Walker talking about any of this? His idea is to further put the burden of funding on the students and federal government??

I am not particularly happy, but this walker guy has proved me wrong before, he wins almost all of his battles and he knows his state better than almost any other Governor and he is very practical.

We shall see.

For those not in the know the Walker plan is to remove 6% of the discretionary spending from the university budget.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,128 • Replies: 4
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
http://www.cbpp.org/images/cms/3-19-13sfp-f4.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
The cuts would roughly put Wisconsin state funding cuts in line with what other states have done. My Washington State has been very aggressive in cutting support for universities for example.

http://tcf.org/assets/images/blog_images/20130320-graph-as-state-funding-for-higher-education-collapses-students-pay-the-diff.png
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 03:19 pm
I was talking with my aunt, a long time very involved hard core Wisconsin liberal, she says this is all about his national aspirations, though we disagree on her opinion that he does not care about the state.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 04:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
I notice that the national press is all over Walker today for not claiming that Obama loves America...what nonsense, compared to the SOP of the political class constantly lying to us "no comment" is a step up. It is also shrewd politics.
0 Replies